Zeiss Conquest V4 3x12x44

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? I have my eye on it to put in a Tikka Lite 270. I have googled and there isn’t very much info on the internet regarding this exact model, but lots on the 4-16 models. The price is right for this model at Bass Pro and I have a gift card which makes it even better. I just sold a Leupold vx3i 4.5-14 because it just didn’t seem to work for me eyebox wise. Maybe it was my eyeglasses causing the problem? Any idea how this Zeiss would compare? Thanks in advance.

Vandy321

WKR
I would have gone 3-12 but the reticle i wanted was only on the 4-16.

Really like the V4. Have owned S&B and Kahles in the past, just wish the zeiss was FFP.

Bater

WKR
The 3-12 has a capped elevation turret while the 4-16 is exposed. Many/most prefer to dial and subsequently the 3-12 is less sought after and therefore less available google info.

AZHunt21

FNG
Hey Carpet, I have the same problem with my Tikka and the Leopold Vx3 4.5-14. How did the V4 work for you. I currently have Talley extra lows so I will need new rings. Lookin at the v4 in 4-16.

Has the eyebox been better and what did you mount with?

OP
C

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Carpet, I have the same problem with my Tikka and the Leopold Vx3 4.5-14. How did the V4 work for you. I currently have Talley extra lows so I will need new rings. Lookin at the v4 in 4-16.

Has the eyebox been better and what did you mount with?
I did end up getting the 3x12 as the price was great compared to the 4x16. I don’t dial so it’s not a huge step down for me. I thought the eyebox was much better in this new zeiss compared to the Leupold vx3i. I do not regret making the change even though I really wanted to like the Leupold. It’s weird because I have an older entry level leupold vx-1 3x9 that i really like and it works well for me

OP
C

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I did end up getting the 3x12 as the price was great compared to the 4x16. I don’t dial so it’s not a huge step down for me. I thought the eyebox was much better in this new zeiss compared to the Leupold vx3i. I do not regret making the change even though I really wanted to like the Leupold. It’s weird because I have an older entry level leupold vx-1 3x9 that i really like and it works well for me
Oops. Sorry to add, I don’t know what specific rings I mounted it with. I had a gunsmith buddy do it because I wanted to make sure it was done perfectly and take out a potential variable (human error) in evaluating the replacement scope. Rings are are standard weight (wish I had requested some lighter ones) and medium height.

AZHunt21

FNG
Thank you, that is good to hear. I'm assuming you just used rings then and didn't mount on a rail? I've thought about buying a rail to bring the scope back but I'm itching for a new scope anyways.

Now just have to decide between the 44mm or 50mm objective.

OP
C

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, that is good to hear. I'm assuming you just used rings then and didn't mount on a rail? I've thought about buying a rail to bring the scope back but I'm itching for a new scope anyways.

Now just have to decide between the 44mm or 50mm objective.
I’d have to look at it as I’m not at home but I think I just used rings. I thought the 44mm was plenty of scope for my use. Again, I’m very happy with it. I also considered a Swaro Z-3 and really wanted to like it, but it presented the same issues that the Leupold did.