Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 & Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT review by Tony Trietch

emm219

FNG
Are you pleased with the overall value of the Zeiss v4 versus other options considered now that you’ve taken the rifle out? Tracking, clarity, low light for the price point

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Are you pleased with the overall value of the Zeiss v4 versus other options considered now that you’ve taken the rifle out? Tracking, clarity, low light for the price point
I have completed my review and it will answer your question very directly.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting as I am waiting on a custom build that is very similar In the configuration. Similar rifle and scope. Can‘t wait to read the review on the scope.

axeforce6

WKR
I'm considering that scope for my 300wsm build. Trying to make the ultimate hunting rifle. 20" barrel. Want it on the lighter side. I have a Ziess V6 5-30 that I love, but want something a little more compact.

Hey Tony Ive been following this thread and just read your review. Good stuff.

I have a ridgeline fft ordered in the same color scheme as yours chambered in .300 prc.
I am worried about the recoil from a bigger caliber in such a light rifle! Should I be?? or do you think the .300 recoil will be manageable with this muzzle break?

I can always throw a suppressor on to shoot it but would like the option to hunt and shoot well without a Supressor when I’m on longer backpacking trips.

JD Jones

WKR

I have a ridgeline fft ordered in the same color scheme as yours chambered in .300 prc.
I am worried about the recoil from a bigger caliber in such a light rifle! Should I be?? or do you think the .300 recoil will be manageable with this muzzle break?

I can always throw a suppressor on to shoot it but would like the option to hunt and shoot well without a Supressor when I’m on longer backpacking trips.
I’m not Tony but my buddy has the 28nos. It’s sharp and the muzzle flips but he was holding MOA and he doesn’t shoot all that often. 300prc will thump but the brake is vastly improved over the last version. Personally, I think the 280ai or 6.5prc is a sweet spot for this rifle in particular (but I’m biased).

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member

The break on the Christiansen worked pretty well but it was only a 6.5 PRC. I can’t speak to how the brake will work for 300.