Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 & Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT review by Tony Trietch

huntsd

WKR
That scope has been nothing but trouble for me. The elevation turret comes loose after a handful or shoots. Sent the scope back to zeiss and got another back same issue. Just happened to a buddy too

jbur13

FNG
Nice write up, this scope is going on my lightweight 7mm. I chose this scope over NF and Luepold because of availability and weight. also, never owned one before.
I did notice in the write up that you said you removed your battery to stay legal. Just FYI, in Idaho it is legal to use illuminated reticles. copied from the rule book: "the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed."
Not sure if this hunt was in Idaho though?

I think I see 2950 fps on your ammo box. Is that estimated or legit recorded? Stating the actual barrel length is only 18.75" and that pretty heavy for caliber 156 Berger...that would have me VERY interested. I would have guessed 2800 in that short tube with those heavy Bergers.

Legit data?

FYI I own a V4 and just got a V6. Granted the V6 line doesnt have illumination but the glass is definitely a step up and the Z-MOA reticle is excellent for hunting. I prefer the V6 to the V4 personally just for the Schott glass.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I think I see 2950 fps on your ammo box. Is that estimated or legit recorded? Stating the actual barrel length is only 18.75" and that pretty heavy for caliber 156 Berger...that would have me VERY interested. I would have guessed 2800 in that short tube with those heavy Bergers.

Legit data?
With the super short barrel I got closer to 2850 if I recall correctly. I think those numbers are with a longer barrel used as a standard.

Big_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
FYI I own a V4 and just got a V6. Granted the V6 line doesnt have illumination but the glass is definitely a step up and the Z-MOA reticle is excellent for hunting. I prefer the V6 to the V4 personally just for the Schott glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Sky

Lil-Rokslider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk