Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 Review

I ordered a show room demo of the Conquest V4 yesterday to go on my 7mm STW Sendero. I own Leupold VX5 HDs for my other rifles so I wanted something in a similar class for hunting and some dialing for distance.

Any reviews on the Zeiss Conquest V4 line? How is the low light performance and tracking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d do a search, it’s been discussed many times. That said I have both the 44 and 50mm versions and they’ve been great. Probably one of the best in its price/weight range.

cscalvin

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and have been impressed. Took a mule deer just shy of 900 yards with the 4-16 on my 6.5 this last year. Tracking has been spot on and holds zero. My only complaint is the parallax knob is super tough. The weight is a huge plus for me. Definitely recommend.

Dschwan

WKR

aschuler

FNG
I recently purchased one of these (V4 4-16 x 50) from Redhawk which was a great deal.
The glass is nice, I love the reticle!

I did two tall target test on it yesterday. One at 20 MOA and another at 30MOA. I used my semi-custom that is reliably precise. Both test results were exactly the same. My clicks equal 0.2625 MOA. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with this result. I expected a little more accuracy out of the clicks for this level of scope. This mean I'll gain .25MOA for every 5MOA I dial.

I can live with now that it's quantified but it's kind of a bummer.

I recently purchased one of these (V4 4-16 x 50) from Redhawk which was a great deal.
The glass is nice, I love the reticle!

I did two tall target test on it yesterday. One at 20 MOA and another at 30MOA. I used my semi-custom that is reliably precise. Both test results were exactly the same. My clicks equal 0.2625 MOA. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with this result. I expected a little more accuracy out of the clicks for this level of scope. This mean I'll gain .25MOA for every 5MOA I dial.

I can live with now that it's quantified but it's kind of a bummer.
No that sounds exactly right. There is actually 1.047 inches at 100 yards in a MOA so you would have 1.05 by your measurement which may not discern the .03 of an inch.

aschuler

FNG
No that sounds exactly right. There is actually 1.047 inches at 100 yards in a MOA so you would have 1.05 by your measurement which may not discern the .03 of an inch.
Sorry I think you misunderstood. I didn't mention inches at all.

When I dialed 30 MOA I got 31.5 MOA on the target.
When I dialed 20MOA I got 21 MOA on the target.

That equals 0.2625 MOA per click.

For comparison I ran a similar test on a cheaper Bushnell on the same day and it came out pretty much exactly 0.250 MOA per click.
I've also run the test on two Vortex Viper HSTs and they both came out to 0.253 MOA per click

Like I said, it's not a deal breaker and really is only an issue at longer range. But I kind of expected it to be better than the cheaper scopes.

Last edited:

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I think you misunderstood. I didn't mention inches at all.

When I dialed 30 MOA I got 31.5 MOA on the target.
When I dialed 20MOA I got 21 MOA on the target.

That equals 0.2625 MOA per click.

For comparison I ran a similar test on a cheaper Bushnell on the same day and it came out pretty much exactly 0.250 MOA per click.
I've also run the test on two Vortex Viper HSTs and they both came out to 0.253 MOA per click

Like I said, it's not a deal breaker and really is only an issue at longer range. But I kind of expected it to be better than the cheaper scopes.
Have you thought about reporting the issue to Zeiss to see if they will fix it?

I'm leaning toward a V4, but that is certainly dissapointing. The thing is - I can find similar anectodal reports about the Vortex Razor and Leupold VX-5HD that I'm comparing it to. Even Ferrari turns out a lemon every once in a while...

I wonder if Zeiss would fix or replace it for you?

aschuler

FNG
Have you thought about reporting the issue to Zeiss to see if they will fix it?

I'm leaning toward a V4, but that is certainly dissapointing. The thing is - I can find similar anectodal reports about the Vortex Razor and Leupold VX-5HD that I'm comparing it to. Even Ferrari turns out a lemon every once in a while...

I wonder if Zeiss would fix or replace it for you?
My guess is that Zeiss would probably take care of me. I just haven't gotten around to messing with it any more. Maybe your post is just the push I need to reach out to them :)

ZioRob

FNG
I ordered a show room demo of the Conquest V4 yesterday to go on my 7mm STW Sendero. I own Leupold VX5 HDs for my other rifles so I wanted something in a similar class for hunting and some dialing for distance.

Any reviews on the Zeiss Conquest V4 line? How is the low light performance and tracking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would love to hear how the two scopes compare? Specifically low light.

Mine has the #64 reticle, ZMOA T-30 illuminated. I haven’t shot it much yet but it’s not my favorite so far. I find the crosshairs so thin and with all the information on the bottom half, my eye doesn’t want to center it on target naturally.

I know it is geared towards longer range shooting, but IMO it seems silly to have 30 MOA of holdover marks on a scope with a turret, especially when they are only accurate at 16x which is going to be either too dim or have too much mirage in many hunting situations.

I did want illumination and the ability to hold for windage, or hold over on quicker medium range shots, so it was that or the ZBi, which I found centered even less naturally.

I‘d really prefer the #94 ZMOA 2 with illumination it’s only available in the V6 1-6 for some reason.