Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24X50 with Zeiss precision Rings/Bubble level Pre-review

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be completing a review on the Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 with the ZMOAAi-T20 reticle that I am currently using hunting with until mid-December. It should be up right after my hunts conclude so hit the watch button just upper right of this post so you get notified when @Justin Crossley publishes it.

I have been looking for a middle of the road price point long range scope that will deliver in all types of conditions for years.

I have used a NXS nightforce 5.5-22X50 for years as my go to long range scope and absolutely love it. However I can't afford to spend that kind of money on every setup that i obtain. I have had a few mid priced long range scopes that I have used on other rifles over the past several years and have not found one that really checks all the boxes as a go to long range scope.

The ones I have had have either let me down in low light performance, dependability or just in specs like not having enough adjustment to dial to the distances I want to be able to shoot. Now that I have my kids getting to hunting age, I have been searching harder so I can get them setup with a dependable setup.

When I first noticed this scope and its specs I felt I found what I was looking for. I was fortunate enough to obtain this scope and Zeiss' new Precision Rings for this review. Once I had this scope in my possession it did not disappoint the eyeball test--very compact and lightweight.
I decided to mount it on a rifle that I am also doing a review on. Once mounted, I brought to the range to zero it .Which I was able to do quickly and fell in love with the zero stop right off the bat "easiest zero stop I have personally used".

The way work and my schedule played out this year I had to wait until now to start using this scope for hunts. I'm excited to share my review on this scopes performance & hopefully I will have some nice pictures to go along with it. Hit me with any questions you might have and I'll do what I can to help.First group with the Zeiss V4 mounted on the 300 ultra +P with 225 ELDM.jpg

Attachments

• Annabelle shooting the 300 ultra +P.jpg
    Annabelle shooting the 300 ultra +P.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Emmie getting ready to match her big sister shooting the 300 ultra +P.jpg
    Emmie getting ready to match her big sister shooting the 300 ultra +P.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Zeiss V4 6-24X50.jpg
    Zeiss V4 6-24X50.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Mounted with the new Zeiss precision rings and Bubble level ready to do some long range work u...jpg
    Mounted with the new Zeiss precision rings and Bubble level ready to do some long range work u...jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Zeiss V4 6-24X50.jpg
    Zeiss V4 6-24X50.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 48

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a video they sent me on how they test their scopes immersion, impact, vibration, etc. Pretty cool:
(Not to mention he’s into Kryptek!)

I bought one this spring to go with my new 6.5-300weatherby. I have never used a scope with that much magnification. Its sure brings a 100 yard target up close n personal. I have shot it to 800 yards so far. I like it!

OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were able to take the Zeiss out on my father in laws Moose hunt.We were lucky enough to find this Bull.He was able to make a 700 yard .

Attachments

• 20191104_121932.jpg
    20191104_121932.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20191104_093646.jpg
    20191104_093646.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 86
OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was able to spend time hunting the north idaho high country .The conditions were absolute crap constant fog,rain,snow.I had several opportunities to get on deer and the scope never let me down it was clear even though moisture covered the lenses.My daughter was able to immediately get on a buck in thick brush in a downpour although it never presented a good shot.These simple instances check a major box for me .I have hunted this country for quite a while in these conditions and have lost more than a couple opportunities at big bucks because of the scope fogging up or moisture making it to hard to see in the moment of truth.

Been considering this scope since I first saw one at the DSC convention last January. Look forward to hearing your results.

Totoro

WKR
Hi Jim, great review as I am contemplating the V4 for an upcoming project.

Any thoughts on the windage cover retrofit?

Plastic cap is a buzzkill for me and would be happy to pay a little extra for Zeiss to go with aluminum.

Maybe a cap from another Zeiss scope?

OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Matt sorry for the late reply.The rings are great.As good as any I've ever used.

OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Jim, great review as I am contemplating the V4 for an upcoming project.

Any thoughts on the windage cover retrofit?

Plastic cap is a buzzkill for me and would be happy to pay a little extra for Zeiss to go with aluminum.

Maybe a cap from another Zeiss scope?
Im not sure that would make a difference .It still works you just have to be careful with the windage cap and recognize each time you remove it care needs to be taken.Also i would like to use the reticle for windage more often.This scopes reticle is great for that aspect.

T Mathews

FNG
i have 4x16x44 and 6x24x50 awesome scopes hard to beat for the price i have shot them out to 1300 yards they track really well and really positive clicks in the dials