Zeiss Conquest V4 or wait for the Leica Amplus

Looking for feedback on the choices. I'm upgrading to my first $1000 range scope, I mainly hunt Eastern timber with a few fields - longest shot 400yds down to 50yds in Dark bottom areas. Low light performance is key as well as overall optics quality. I bought Swaro SLC's and they have done more than i could ask as far as bino's, but also want a comparable scope as sometimes i do only have seconds to make a decision.

was looking at the Conquest V4 4x18x50 - in the store i found the eyebox a bit challenging and had to work to get a center hold to see the full sight picture - i was thinking this might be an off scope and check another but this was the only one in stock. Has anyone else noticed this?

I compared to Swaro Z5I 3.5x18 and liked the swaro too, but didn't know if the costs increase was worth it. the Leica Amplus is coming soon here, but I haven't seen any reviews if i should wait and see or if the Zeiss V4 is a solid competitor for the Swaro and Leica.

thanks for any replies - new to the Premier line of optics so trying to do my research.

thanks!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome to RS

The Amplus should be a good quality scope, however, until it's out and used for 6 months you won't get a realistic review. This being said, unless you are ok waiting 6-12 months to get a scope you're choosing between the V4 and the Swarovski and IMO the Swaro is superior

OP
R
thanks Doug, i did like the Z5I. i was a bit off put after talking to swaro and they informed me that the glass on the Z5I is not HD, lesser grade than my SLC bino's. for the size and weight - would the 42MM in the Z5I come close to a 50MM in a V4? I could get the 50MM in the Z5I but this is going on a Ruger scout and i'm somewhat trying to keep it slimmed down.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are you going to be dialing at all? I would look at the Meoptas in your price range. They track far more consistently than the Z5 series. I love my SLCs, but no more Z5s for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welcome to RS

The Amplus should be a good quality scope, however, until it's out and used for 6 months you won't get a realistic review. This being said, unless you are ok waiting 6-12 months to get a scope you're choosing between the V4 and the Swarovski and IMO the Swaro is superior
Hey Doug, what's the story on the wait time and release of the Amplus 3-18x44 model? Looks like above we are 6-12months out?

sbooher3

FNG
Welcome to RS

I just purchase the V4 from my local Basspro after returning aVX5 that would not track correctly.
Love it so far.

The V4 has been good for me as a rookie at longer distance shooting. Only complaints is the plastic turret cap for windage and the parallax adj is not marked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro