Zeiss Conquest V4

Jpr778

FNG
Looking to put an optic on my new Sig Cross. I am looking for a good, quality optic under $800. I don’t care for crazy reticles or adjustable turrets, I want something I can zero and not worry about changing anything. After a couple days of research I’ve landed on the Zeiss Conquest V4 3-12x44 with the standard Z plex reticle. Anybody have input on these?

BLJ

WKR
I have one on a 243 and it’s been excellent for me.
Do you have any specific questions or concerns?

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
I've got the 4-16x44 and for the money it has decent enough glass, turrets are nice, although setting the zero stop is annoying. Parallax adjustment is stiff. I think I'm going to look for something different after reading some others experience related to zero retention. I haven't had any trouble with it, but I haven't been to rough in it either.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I just picked one of these up from a buddy and have a weatherby vanguard talon in 6.5 creedmoor coming to sit underneath it! Haven’t had it on a gun yet, but it looks crystal clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlp10ml

FNG
Love my 3-12 V4 Zeiss... I have it on a .45 cal. T/C Encore Smokeless Powder Muzzleloader.. Bright and clear as can be with zero issues.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you want a Zeiss, check out redhawk rifles demo scopes. I got a v4 3-12 from them for about 550.00. It’s a good scope, I loaned it to a buddy who killed a goat with it and I’m going to throw it on a compact tikka for my wife.

V4 has been an excellent optic going on 4 seasons, reliable dialing, return to zero and good clarity and not too finicky eyebox. Ive been fairly tough on it (while still keeeping a neoprene coat on it).

Ripnbst

FNG
I had a Conquest V4 4-16x44 that went on a couple hunts and several range trips and it was always shooting on for me. I never dropped it, either accidentally or on purpose but it rode on a side by side for 2 different week long western hunts and I've been known to drive like I'm in the Baja 500. It never lost zero.

Spent some time behind my V4 4-16x50 today dry firing. It has the ZBi #68 MOA reticle.

A strong attribute of the V4 is its large FOV and eye box. It rivals the Leupold VX5/6 HDs for having an image that goes to the edge without the “looking through a paper towel roll effect”. It’s easy to get behind and have a full image, which is valuable in a hunting scenario.

IMG_9363.jpeg

IMG_9365.png