Zeiss Conquest V6 Riflescope Review, By Tony Trietch

It just means the max zoom is 6x more then the min.
3x6=18.
So you just have more usable mag range. And it seems that the higher a zoom range is it is harder to build the optic.
For instance my leupold 6-18 is a 3x.
And 6 on the low end is too high for most.
Thank ya sir!

mule man

Lil-Rokslider
this looks like a great scope that can do everything. It remains to be seen if it holds up with time and more shots.

Sorry for the lateness of the post, but i have been looking at the Zeiss V6 for a few weeks now and this post has piqued my interest. I currently have a Leupold mark 5 and wanted to love it for hunting, but the reticle is too fine for closer hunting situations it being a ffp scope. Is the zmoa-2 reticle too large for fine tuning load development at 100 yards? I will primarily be using this scope for hunting but really enjoy long range shooting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love everything about the v6 just not sold on the reticle yet.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know how fine tuned you want to be but I have 2- 3-18x50 and 1- 5-30x50 I really like the scopes.
3-18x50 line thickness on 18x = 0.19 zmoa-2 and the 5-30x50 at 25x=0.14 zmoa-1

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I have this scope and used it all last season on a sub 7lbs 300 win mag, so recoil is there. It went 200+ rounds and about 28 days on the mountain. A lot of unintentional falls, bangs, and one throw, also riding uncased bouncing around in a truck for a few days. The zero never changed, always dialed true. Only thing I’m not crazy about is the thickness of reticle, but that’s personal preference and I believe they just released a thinner one.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Sorry for the lateness of the post, but i have been looking at the Zeiss V6 for a few weeks now and this post has piqued my interest. I currently have a Leupold mark 5 and wanted to love it for hunting, but the reticle is too fine for closer hunting situations it being a ffp scope. Is the zmoa-2 reticle too large for fine tuning load development at 100 yards? I will primarily be using this scope for hunting but really enjoy long range shooting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love everything about the v6 just not sold on the reticle yet.

I love the reticle on the V6, you might have to get your hands on one to know how you will like it. Remember the V6 line is second focal plane.

Yes the second focal plane is what I’m looking for. I have a 5-25 mark 5 that I use on my long range precision rifle for competitions and I absolutely love it. But below 9 power, it being first focal plane the reticle all but disappears. I have a friend that has the nxs with the moar t reticle that I really like, but it is really heavy and the glass quality isn’t there for the price. I think I would be sold completely on the Zeiss if they offered the 3-18 in a Z moa -1 reticle with .14 thickness reticle lines.

Bojo34

FNG
Great review Tony thanks for all the info. The V6 3-18x50 is one of the finalists for a lighter-weight 7mag build I'm putting together. Your review and this thread have answered all of my questions just following up re: durability. Are you still running this scope and, if so, how's it holding up? Any issues to report?

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
I can say mine is still working great and it has some pretty deep gouges in it. Dropped it twice now once in some rocky country. Held zero just fine and dials right on. It did piss me off cause now it looks a little rough. I have 3 of them.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Great review Tony thanks for all the info. The V6 3-18x50 is one of the finalists for a lighter-weight 7mag build I'm putting together. Your review and this thread have answered all of my questions just following up re: durability. Are you still running this scope and, if so, how's it holding up? Any issues to report?
Three seasons and still works like it did the first day. For the money, I think it's a great value.

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking at scopes for a new 7mm RM that I plan on ordering this month.

I looked at Vortex Razor HD AMD 6-24x50 F1, NF NXS 5-22x50 F2, NF NX8 4-32x50 F1, Swaro X5i 3-18x50 F2, Kahles 5-25x56 F1, and finally the Zeiss V6 3-18x50 F2.

Glass quality, light weight, turret feel, and solid zero stop made the Zeiss V6 seem like a good choice for me.

I would have liked to get an illuminated reticle, but that was not a deal breaker.

Bojo34

FNG
I have been looking at scopes for a new 7mm RM that I plan on ordering this month.

I looked at Vortex Razor HD AMD 6-24x50 F1, NF NXS 5-22x50 F2, NF NX8 4-32x50 F1, Swaro X5i 3-18x50 F2, Kahles 5-25x56 F1, and finally the Zeiss V6 3-18x50 F2.

Glass quality, light weight, turret feel, and solid zero stop made the Zeiss V6 seem like a good choice for me.

I would have liked to get an illuminated reticle, but that was not a deal breaker.
Appreciate the help. I looked at the NF NX8 as well which is a great scope but trying to keep the ounces down here and don't feel I'm giving anything up other than potentially durability but, so far, haven't run into anyone that's had that issue with the V6.

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the help. I looked at the NF NX8 as well which is a great scope but trying to keep the ounces down here and don't feel I'm giving anything up other than potentially durability but, so far, haven't run into anyone that's had that issue with the V6.
Knowing that the Zeiss V6 is manufactured using Wetzlar turret mechanisms and Schott fluoride glass throughout were also strong factors that made me select Zeiss.

SoYoCo

FNG
Hey guys, resurrecting an old post. I currently run a VX5 3-15x44. I love the clarity, and the zero stop. I don’t really care for the eye relief/eye box. It’s great for shooting off the bench, but I’m struggling in the prone. Can anyone compare the v6 to a VX5? I would like the added zoom for sure, but the non capped windage is a concern for me. I need to get behind one at some point.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
I can't answer the difference in the eye box, but I haven't had any issues with the non capped windage turret, I have 2 of them and a third one on the way. I've hunted a lot with the scopes and never had the windage move without me doing it. But I've never used it in a horse scabbard, but have in a atv scabbard with no issues. I think that for the price, weight , glass clarity, and reliability ( I drop the rifle off my shoulder climbing in some rocks and it landed 10 ft down right on the scope and it still works perfect sadly it doesn't look new anymore) you can't beat the V6 3-18x50.

I got one of these in 3-18x50 and after a couple days with it I’m very pleased with the overall quality and glass. I haven’t shot with it yet but build quality is a step up from the VX5 and VX6HDs I own.