Zeiss Conquest

WVhillbilly

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up some Zeiss Conquest 10x42s today as a demo model for $500. Look good. No box, no neck strap, no lens covers, no case. Since there is no box, I am not sure if I can register for Warranty since they ask for numbers off of the scan code and the serial number.
I hope I can find some lens covers pretty quick. This if my first pair of Binos, pretty stoked about it!

excaliber

WKR
Those are excellent binos at a great price. For lens covers get the Vortex ones. They fit mine perfectly and are much better than the ones that came with them. I think they were 13.00 or so.

OP
W

WVhillbilly

Lil-Rokslider
Great deal for great glass.
They are pretty awesome! I looked through Swaro EL's and Razor HD's also, but ended up with these. I thought they looked better to my eyes than the Razors and they were a fractionof the cost of the Swaros. This is going to be my first elk hunting trip, I can definitely use the saved money else where.
This has been an expensive year.....

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
That's an awesome price for demos. I paid $699 for Conquest HD 8x42's last year and thought I hit the jackpot! They are outstanding binos!

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up some Zeiss Conquest 10x42s today as a demo model for $500. Look good. No box, no neck strap, no lens covers, no case. Since there is no box, I am not sure if I can register for Warranty since they ask for numbers off of the scan code and the serial number.
I hope I can find some lens covers pretty quick. This if my first pair of Binos, pretty stoked about it!
Please do post back with whatever you find out.

boom

WKR
good friend of mine uses and loves those binos. you got a screaming deal compared to him.

they are damn fine glass and i enjoyed looking thru them. the color/hue of the view seemed different..not bad. just different. i seem to remember everything ever so slightly tinted..greenish. IIRC. it's been years.

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
That's a hell of a deal. I payed a lot more than that for mine. I think you'll be pleased with them, I certainly have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
They were pretty quick. Eye cups showed up Fedex today.

Good deal. Glad they are taking care of you. I've had a good experience with Ziess as well.

Funny how the only warranty you hear about is Vortex. But I've found a few optic companies with excellent customer service. Zeiss being one of them.

I recently emailed zeiss about a cracked eye cup on my conquests, they are sending me replacements and didn't ask for bino serial # or anything.

oenanthe

WKR
Those are excellent binos at a great price. For lens covers get the Vortex ones. They fit mine perfectly and are much better than the ones that came with them. I think they were 13.00 or so.

Could you please clarify a bit? Do you mean the objective covers (fat end), or the rainguard (skinny end)?

I ask because my Conquests came without a rainguard - I've been using one off some Nikons but it doesn't fit quite right.

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider

So uh.... where did you pick up a pair of Zeiss Conquests for $500?

Beendare

WKR
A demo with cracked eye cups? Those must have been old....sounds like returns if you bought them from the bargain cave.

I've owned a pair of 15x60 Zeiss for over 20 years and when a buddy borrowed them and the horse they were packed in went down screwing up alignment....zeiss warranty was great.FWIW, I've had excellent service from Leica, Zeiss and swaro.