Zeiss LRP S5 Reviews

I’ve always liked Zeiss optics. I’ve been pleased with my Conquest HD 10x42 and my Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 scope.

Im looking at getting a premium scope for my 7mm STW and the Zeiss LRP S5 looks really good. Any reviews on these? I know they are fairly new and the 3.5-18 runs about $3500.

I have the 3-18 version. I had my “amateur” review posted on another site. To sum it up, it’s phenomenal. Glass is exceptional. Optically it’s supposed to be the same as the V-8. I feel it’s better, but I never spent enough time behind a V-8. Turrets feel are probably my favorite of the optics I currently own. If I had one gripe it would be the height of the elevation turret. I get why, just not my thing. Glass is every bit as good as my Kahles 318/525’s and S&B EXOS. It’s very similar in size to the Swaro X5i but nicer mechanically and optically. I can’t foresee ever selling the LRP.

OP
General RE LEE
I’m also eyeing the ZCO 4-20. I’m concerned about warranty and support with Zero Compromise being a newish company. I also am not crazy about the 36 mm ring options. The Zeiss LRP has more elevation adjustment in a 34 mm tube and from what I’ve read on Snipers Hide the Zeiss LRP glass is as good as the ZCO. I like the lower profile look of the ZCO.

OP
General RE LEE
Well if a guy wanted an LRP, one would be silly to pass up that deal on LRH.

Funds are coming from selling my house. I close first of August so I have a few weeks to decide. Hopefully there will be a deal around at that time.

OP
General RE LEE
Jeff Huber is the owner of ZCO, and is the guy that was responsible for bringing Nightforce from the SFP benchrest world to being the relevant field/practical/tactical company they are today. Jeff’s & Nicks roots are far deeper in this area of rifle scopes than Zeiss, IMO. I haven’t had the Zeiss, so I can’t say, but I have some ZCOs, and they’re excellent.

The more I research the ZCO 420, the more I’m leaning that way.

amassi

WKR
I’m also eyeing the ZCO 4-20. I’m concerned about warranty and support with Zero Compromise being a newish company. I also am not crazy about the 36 mm ring options. The Zeiss LRP has more elevation adjustment in a 34 mm tube and from what I’ve read on Snipers Hide the Zeiss LRP glass is as good as the ZCO. I like the lower profile look of the ZCO.
You're never going to use that elevation adjustment

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
General RE LEE
You're never going to use that elevation adjustment

Probably not. My longest targets are at 1250 at my range. That’s +34.82 MOA on my 7mm STW Berger VLD 180 grain load.

amassi

WKR
Probably not. My longest targets are at 1250 at my range. That’s +34.82 MOA on my 7mm STW Berger VLD 180 grain load.
Cool that zco has 120 moa of adjustment, if by some miracle you only had half remaining after mounting you'd still have 26 moa left over for s&g
My point is more elevation adjustment should only be a factor for the elr crowd.