Zeiss V4 6-24x50 MOA review

FURMAN

WKR
I have been shooting with a Zeiss V4 6-24x50 MOA for about 8 months now. I will be writing a review on it in the next few months. Does anyone have any specific information they would like or questions?
TgN4r8dl.jpg

daddie63

WKR
Im sure youre going to cover it but the reliability of dialing and returning to zero are important to me. Looking forward to your report.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Im sure youre going to cover it but the reliability of dialing and returning to zero are important to me. Looking forward to your report.
Absolutely. That is the most important thing to me in a scope.

ofl0926

WKR
Clarity? Comparable to what glass? How does it compare to swaro? How does it tract? Turret feel? Are turrets easy to bump with a pack or while the rifle is carried by a sling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Clarity? Comparable to what glass? How does it compare to swaro? How does it tract? Turret feel? Are turrets easy to bump with a pack or while the rifle is carried by a sling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All of those are things I would consider standard and will be answered.

No suggestions to add as everything I would want to know has been covered, but I put the 4-16x model of this scope on a rifle a few months ago and I'm looking forward to your review!

ofl0926

WKR
No suggestions to add as everything I would want to know has been covered, but I put the 4-16x model of this scope on a rifle a few months ago and I'm looking forward to your review!

How do you like your 4-16?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like your 4-16?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have limited time with it, and have probably only shot 25 rounds with the setup, but so far I love it. I've shot 100-300 yards with it, so not much of a test yet. Prior to buying this scope, the nicest scope on any of my rifles is a VX-3, and the Zeiss is quite a bit brighter, especially in low light. Its 10oz heavier than my vx-3s though, so a little bit of a weight penalty there.

I love the zero-stop reset on the elevation turret.. resetting the turret is always something that concerned me with my other scopes.

If I could change anything, I would like a tiny bit thinner reticle, but its not bad.

carter33

WKR
Wish the 3-12x44 came with the same zero stop turret as well. Would have made for a good mountain rifle scope.

brsnow

WKR
How is the Zmoa reticle in low light hunting situation? Also in the 24oz weight on the 4-16x44? Thank You

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
How is the Zmoa reticle in low light hunting situation? Also in the 24oz weight on the 4-16x44? Thank You
I did not directly compare the low light performance of this scope with others in its price range but from recollection it has some of the better glass in it's price range. Not being an illuminated reticle model I would say the reticle itself is no different than others when directly speaking to low light performance. The 6-24 is 24 oz the 4-16 is lighter by a couple oz.

brsnow

WKR
I did not directly compare the low light performance of this scope with others in its price range but from recollection it has some of the better glass in it's price range. Not being an illuminated reticle model I would say the reticle itself is no different than others when directly speaking to low light performance. The 6-24 is 24 oz the 4-16 is lighter by a couple oz.
Thank you, was curious if it was as visible as their z-plex. Appreciate your insights

brsnow

WKR
I can not remember the last time I used a plex reticle so I am no help there.
Thanks, I have not asked my question well:) is the Zmoa too fine to hunt with? Still visible in lower light? Again appreciate it, I don’t have access to one.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Sorry, yes. It is actually a little thicker than I would prefer but not too thick for hunting.