Zeiss V4 and others

Mike 338

WKR
I put one of these on my rifle this year (4x16). A real upgrade from my Leopold VX2 but a bit heavier. The zero stop is really a great design. Only flaw I can find is the parallax adjustment doesn't have reference marks but a piece of athletic tape with marks drawn on solved that. Nothing about this scope annoyed me in the field.

OP
Cant hit em
I put one of these on my rifle this year (4x16). A real upgrade from my Leopold VX2 but a bit heavier. The zero stop is really a great design. Only flaw I can find is the parallax adjustment doesn't have reference marks but a piece of athletic tape with marks drawn on solved that. Nothing about this scope annoyed me in the field.

Thats the one i bought , cant wait to get it. Ive read bad about the windage turret not being marked well and the plastic cap that covers it. Other than that reviews are good so im giving it a go for my first dial scope

Mike 338

WKR
Thats the one i bought , cant wait to get it. Ive read bad about the windage turret not being marked well and the plastic cap that covers it. Other than that reviews are good so im giving it a go for my first dial scope

Yeah, a plastic cap isn't "amazing" but so long as it doesn't break, which it won't, it will go completely un-noticed. I prefer a cap on my windage turrets because I virtually never dial for windage in the field. They can only be bumped out of position if you don't intend to use them so the cap prevents that. In terms of a "hunting scope" this one really seems to fulfill my needs/wants. Like I said, the only thing I could knock is the lack of parallax reference marks which can be corrected with a piece of tape.