Zeiss V4 vs Nightforce SHV

Looking for a semi light weight scope for a hunting rifle that is to be used out to 600 yards with dialing in the shot.

The 10x SHV night force and zeiss V4 4-16x are similarly priced. I would need to unscrew the turret cap on the SHV but they have rock solid reliability review. V4 is already setup with a exposed turret but still waiting to hear on reliability/repeatability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I debated this last year. When I felt both in hand, and pulled off the plastic windage knob on the v4 to reveal a cap like you would see on a 100 dollar Nikon I immediately went with the SHV.

Been very happy with the few SHV scopes Iv had

archp625

WKR
I went back and forth on these two scopes. I talked to a couple guys on here that I respect their opinions on gear. They wouldn’t tell me they like something unless they have used it.

I went with a 5-20 SHV. I have not strapped her on a rifle yet but everything seems up to snuff so far.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

MThuntr

WKR
If it makes the decision harder B&H Photo has one of the V4 4-16x44 with the 92 reticle for 738 shipped right now.

Motown

WKR
Mind telling where you got it for that price?

Most likely from Redhawk. I just purchased the same scope for the same price as a “demo” but honesty I dont think this scope was ever a demo at all. The scope I received looks like it was never out of the box.

OXN939

WKR
Same as the two above. Wrote about the order process here. Had mine out pinging a 6" plate at 400 yards today. Excellent optic.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I personally like the shv scopes. I have the 3-10 and the 4-14f1, both are well made and work well.

id like to get an nxs 2.5-10 mil scope though.