Zeiss v6 2-12x50

Skoal3

FNG
Does anyone have any first hand experience with a Zeiss v6 2-12x50? I’m really interested in getting one to replace the vx5hd 3-15x44 on my 300wsm for general hunting. I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find much about that specific model. I like the mag range, locking elevation turret and capped windage. Would just like to see what some people think about it.
Thanks for any help

Does anyone have any first hand experience with a Zeiss v6 2-12x50? I’m really interested in getting one to replace the vx5hd 3-15x44 on my 300wsm for general hunting. I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find much about that specific model. I like the mag range, locking elevation turret and capped windage. Would just like to see what some people think about it.
Thanks for any help

I’ve had a 3-18x50 V6 for a few years and it’s excellent. The Conquest V6 line is made in Germany and has Schott glass with 92% light transmission. Very clear and bright. I’ve had zero issues with function of the turret and return to zero. Excellent scopes.

Thanks for any help

Just looked up that model on Eurooptic. I noticed it’s not 1/4 MOA, but 1/3 MOA instead. That might be why not many people have bought it.

OP
Skoal3

Skoal3

FNG
Thanks for the replies. I have a v6 5-30x50 and while I really haven’t done much with it other than get it sighted in and some load development, it’s a very nice scope and I have no complaints. The way I understand it, being 1/3 MOA basically makes it a MIL scope, 1cm/100m, or at least very close. I was wondering why they would have an exposed elevation turret with only one reticle option, a standard duplex style, perhaps they don’t have one that would work with the 1/3 MOA turret. Anyway, there has to be someone out there that has one.

Thanks for the replies. I have a v6 5-30x50 and while I really haven’t done much with it other than get it sighted in and some load development, it’s a very nice scope and I have no complaints. The way I understand it, being 1/3 MOA basically makes it a MIL scope, 1cm/100m, or at least very close. I was wondering why they would have an exposed elevation turret with only one reticle option, a standard duplex style, perhaps they don’t have one that would work with the 1/3 MOA turret. Anyway, there has to be someone out there that has one.

I would just get the 3-18x50. 3x is still very wide open and bright at close range in dark timber. You also will have an additional 6x above 12x.

OP
Skoal3

Skoal3

FNG
I would just get the 3-18x50. 3x is still very wide open and bright at close range in dark timber. You also will have an additional 6x above 12x.
I have considered that, might be what I end up doing. I know the difference between 2x and 3x is almost nonexistent but the extra on the top end would be nice. Especially since the scopes are basically the same size and weight.

I really wish they offered the 3-18 with a locking elevation turret and capped windage. I’ve never had a problem with the turrets of my 5-30 getting accidentally spun but it was always in the back of my mind the few times I did take it out.

I have considered that, might be what I end up doing. I know the difference between 2x and 3x is almost nonexistent but the extra on the top end would be nice. Especially since the scopes are basically the same size and weight.

I really wish they offered the 3-18 with a locking elevation turret and capped windage. I’ve never had a problem with the turrets of my 5-30 getting accidentally spun but it was always in the back of my mind the few times I did take it out.

I never once had a problem with turrets moving

Just looked up that model on Eurooptic. I noticed it’s not 1/4 MOA, but 1/3 MOA instead. That might be why not many people have bought it.
I’ve never heard of 1/3 MOA adjustments. Sounds like they just took the lazy way of converting a MIL scope to coincide with an MOA turret cap.

OP
Skoal3

Skoal3

FNG
Should probably start a new thread for this but…hoping to gain some traction with this one. Schmidt & Bender make a very comparable scope. The Zenith 3-12x50. How would it compare to the Zeiss as far as durability and glass go? The S&B is FFP which, for me, seems less ideal for the type of hunting I do but with illumination would probably be fine.