Zeiss V6 3-18X50

WyoElk

WKR
Looking for some feedback on this scope. Reviews are tough to find but if its reliable it may be the scope everyone wants. Im far less concerned with the glass as I am function, although it would be nice to have both. Basically I want the repeatability of night force without the weight. It would be on top of a 300WM.

Has Zeiss been reliable historically?

Thank you for your input.

Any time behind these Form?

Kotaman

WKR
I tried to find some feedback as well, but ended up going a different direction due to the lack of info out there on the Zeiss. I’m sure it’s a great scope, but there aren’t many out there around here.

OP
W

WyoElk

WKR
The feedback I’ve gotten/ found has been very limited but every piece of it has been positive. Broz on the longrangeonly said they should have reviews up soon and that they have been using one a while without a hiccup. I’m looking forward to their review as the VX5 I just bought is on its way back to Leupold to be looked at.

brocksw

WKR
I've heard rumors about snipershide doing an in depth review of the V6 in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
A while back you had mentioned you compared the V6 to the VX6-HD and said the Vx-6 was going to be getting your money this time.

brocksw

WKR
A while back you had mentioned you compared the V6 to the VX6-HD and said the Vx-6 was going to be getting your money this time.
Ok I remember. Yeah I felt the VX6 glass was slightly better. At the time I was unaware of leupold tracking problems. As of today I have a leupold scope being repaired because of RTZ and tracking issues. As soon as I get it back I'm selling it and will no longer buy leupold scopes.

I'm very curious as to the mechanical reliability of the Zeiss V6 to replace that scope. However, like some others, I'm waiting to hear some more information and testing results before I buy one.

OP
W

WyoElk

WKR
Ok I remember. Yeah I felt the VX6 glass was slightly better. At the time I was unaware of leupold tracking problems. As of today I have a leupold scope being repaired because of RTZ and tracking issues. As soon as I get it back I'm selling it and will no longer buy leupold scopes.

I'm very curious as to the mechanical reliability of the Zeiss V6 to replace that scope. However, like some others, I'm waiting to hear some more information and testing results before I buy one.

This sounds all too familiar Brock. I just sent my VX5 back this week for inconsistent adjustments and failure to RTZ. That scope has everything I'm after but at this point I don't trust it so I don't think it will be back on my rifle. I'm struggling with what to replace it with. I want nightforce dependability in something less than 25oz (don't we all). This Zeiss line looks to fit the bill but I keep going back to just buying a nightforce, paying the weight penalty, and forgetting about it.

I'm leaning pretty hard toward the 3-15X50 NXS..........

brocksw

WKR
7 oz weight difference between the V6 and 3-15 nxs... Id gladly pay that penalty on a mountain rifle.

I'm looking at the V6 for a coyote rifle which is not likely to see the type of potential abuse that some of my other rifles will.

OP
W

WyoElk

WKR
7 oz weight difference between the V6 and 3-15 nxs... Id gladly pay that penalty on a mountain rifle.

I'm looking at the V6 for a coyote rifle which is not likely to see the type of potential abuse that some of my other rifles will.

This is true but its 11oz. heavier than the 19oz. VX5 I currently have. Just not sure I want to put a 2lb scope/ ring combo on top of a fairly light rifle (7lbs).