Zeiss V6 or Nightforce NXS

That’s good to know. Which reticle did you choose? How do you like it?

It the Zmoa 2. I think its great. I dont want a cluttered reticle tho.
For me wind is really a guess on the 1st shot at this point.
Beware on the 5-30 the power for the reticle to be correct is like 22 not max so you will physically have to rise from the rifle to check. That and for the weight you mise well go Nxs.

But 18 power is enough to shoot 1k for me.

I'm in Central Oregon you're close you can check it out.
[/QUOTE]
The zmoa is what I would have went with also. Does the 2 moa spacing instead of 1 moa bother you? Is the reticle too thick for 100 yard tuning? I wish I lived closer to you, but I’m stuck in Arizona! I have a brother in law from Bend. Some of the prettiest country I’ve ever seen!

I have both and really like both

Zeiss V6 3-18
- I’ve had it on my 300 win mag for about a year. It has roughly 200ish rounds at range on it and 3-4 weeks on the mountain. I’ve had zero issues, tracking has been consistent and it is great glass. It has taking a lot of drops/bangs/tumbles throughout the season and a lot of recoil on a sub 7lbs bare 300 win mag, held a zero and had absolutely no durability issues. If going with a primarily hunting rifle that is occasionally a LR shooter, I’d go this route with zero hesitation. Only two things I’m not crazy about, and one is just personal preference. 1) reticle is thicker than I prefer (ZMOA I believe, but think they are all the same thickness) 2) the parallax can be a bit finicky. It’s not a deal breaker, but with such a large zoom range, you definitely have to mess with it more and take a little more time to get it dialed in.

Nightforce NXS
- it’s a nightforce, love it. Only draw backs are weight in my mind. If weight wasn’t a concern, I’d probably have them on all my rifles

any more specific questions about the V6 feel free to ask away. I feel like I've used it enough to give an honest review as to durability and over all function.

It the Zmoa 2. I think its great. I dont want a cluttered reticle tho.
For me wind is really a guess on the 1st shot at this point.
Beware on the 5-30 the power for the reticle to be correct is like 22 not max so you will physically have to rise from the rifle to check. That and for the weight you mise
The zmoa is what I would have went with also. Does the 2 moa spacing instead of 1 moa bother you? Is the reticle too thick for 100 yard tuning? I wish I lived closer to you, but I’m stuck in Arizona! I have a brother in law from Bend. Some of the prettiest country I’ve ever seen!

It's fine I can shoot sub moa groups all day so I'm sure that plenty fine for shooting animal's close.
2 moa vs 1 moa I mean really I have a hard time remembering what scope is what. Lol.
And at distance are you really holding that steady that a 1 moa vs 2 moa mark is making much of a difference.? Personally for me probably not.
That's why I went 300 min with a heavy bullet. to reduce the wind call.
Like I said I'm not mr wind call master. And I'm a realist in my ability.
But when I'm prone and calm I'm shooting inside sub moa out to 750 so far. If it gusts I have some misses. But other then that the scope seems like a chip shot.
But I'm not good enough to split hairs that much yet.
Theres ether no wind or some wind.
If theres some I just hold into it a mark or 2.
Weather it 1or 2 moa exactly lost on me.