WTS Zeiss Victory 10x40 T*P*

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This is a catch and release pair I picked up recently. Not trying to flip them for $ but rather to satisfy my never-ending curiosity about different binocular models.

This is the 1st Generation Victory model that followed the legendary 10x40 Zeiss we saw in every birder's hands growing up. They produced these in the early 2000's and followed them for one year with the Gen2's before replacing them with the Victory FL line that we see still today.

The image quality on these remind me quite a bit of Monarch HG's and Razor HD's. I'd put them squarely in that class.

The ocular lenses have some minor scratching that I can't tell affects the image at all. Objectives are in good shape, but could use a good cleaning. The rubber armoring on these shows quite a lot of wear, but the hinge tension is tight and focus wheel is pretty smooth and slack-free. The collimation (barrel alignment) is perfect. I am very sensitive to this, and these gave me no eye strain at all.

The angled eyecups are actually quite effective. I like them a lot. Also, the cap at the objective end on the hinge reveals a tripod mounting stud that just so happens to fit my Outdoorsman binocular tripod adapter. It's short, but it works. I tested it on my Outdoorsman adapter and it worked fine. So if you use that adapter, this bin is ready to go.

The field of view specifications seem low for this model, but I was struck by how wide a field they have. No "tube" effect at all. And the image is sharp edge to edge.

Included is the leather case (pictured) and strap lugs that clip onto the studs. Also included is the eyepiece cover and original box.

Zeiss would probably give these an overhaul if you sent them in, but don't quote me because I've never used Zeiss CS to that degree.

I'll sell them for what I paid for them. Just want to get them in the hands of someone who needs a solid pair of bins they can glass all day with. Would make a great backup pair to your 10x42 Swaros or the like, or quality loaners for your buddy that doesn't take care of things as well as you do. :D

$420 shipped to your door. SOLD Pending Funds.

Attachments

• IMG_4216.JPG
    IMG_4216.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4217.JPG
    IMG_4217.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4219.JPG
    IMG_4219.JPG