Zeiss Victory RF Binocular Review, By Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I’m just digging into the range finding binocular arena. It seems like the Victory RF’s are the top choice. My question is, for someone spending the money on a big purchase like this, can I expect a range finding bino like this to last long term or is there a shorter life to these type of bino’s (obviously the glass should last and remain constant) but do the electronics wear out and need worked on from time to time, and how expensive is that? I’ve never bought alpha glass but I’m just curious about that. Are they going to last me 30 years like I would expect from a non range finding bino like the EL’s or other high end bino’s. How is durability?

Unfortunately, only time will tell on long-term durability.

My Zeiss RF’s are still working like new, but I am sure there is a reason the electronic components warranty is only 5 years.

The good news is I know of several Quality rangefinders that are over 15 years old and still churning out reliable results.

I am confident that if mine fail after 5 years Zeiss will have a fix available even at some cost to me. In the meantime, I will continue to make good use of them.