Zeiss Victory RF or SF

Looking to make a move to top tier glass for this coming season. I have a pair of Athlon Cronus 8.5x42 binos and Sig 3000BDX (10x42)

Both are what I would say is decent, just hoping all this Alpha talk is true and the glass is worth it. While I LOVE having the rangefinder combo with my Sigs, am I leaving something great on the table by not going with the SF model and packing a separate rangefinder. Will be used mostly western big game hunting, primarily Mule deer and bear.

Anyone else consider this and have experience with either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
I like the Zeiss Victory RF really well, one of the best optical sets of RF glasses I have looked through.

For my eyes I'd buy a set of swaros or leicas over the SF. One thing to keep in mind, is that if your electronics fail (they all eventually do) you're out both the RF and binos. I personally prefer a hand held RF over a combo unit.

OP
outdoorguyBP
I like the Zeiss Victory RF really well, one of the best optical sets of RF glasses I have looked through.

For my eyes I'd buy a set of swaros or leicas over the SF. One thing to keep in mind, is that if your electronics fail (they all eventually do) you're out both the RF and binos. I personally prefer a hand held RF over a combo unit.

That was a concern/thought, that eventually the electronics will go and then I am out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigharge

WKR
Everyones eyes are different but for me after weeding through just about every pair of binos on the maket, the SFs are the most comfortable and pleasant binoculars Ive ever sat behind for an extended period of time.

Im also a fan of having a separate rangefinder though so I did not compare any of the Rangefinding binos when I was researching and experimenting