Zeiss Victory SF

Anyone running these in the 8 or 10x42? I have my mind made up on these vs the NL Pures. I currently have Conquest HD 10x42.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I had a pair that I sold for the RFs. My buddy had the ELs at the time and it was night and day. The ZEISS felt half the weight, I believe that’s because they balanced them differently, and optically they were superior to both of use. I’ve heard the NL are better, but for 800 dollars I’d rather have the SF. There’s a YouTube video that compares them.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the 10x42. They are awesome, but I’m thinking of a move to 8x because I don’t need the higher magnification.

You really cannot lose in a choice between the Victory SF and the NL Pure. Both have exceptional optics, but they are really very different binoculars in both view and feel. BTW - your current Conquest HDs are no slouch either, but only you can decide if the kick in performance is worth $2.5x or more.

I’ve spent a good bit of time direct comparing both the SF and NL, and all I can share are my personal observations. Like most folks, I’d read all the reviews and wanted to see for myself. To sum up very quickly, the comparison ended up very close and mostly a matter of personal choice of view and features. Since I already owned the SFs and the NLs were $500 more I didn‘t feel compelled to switch.

Some searching here on Rokslide will find several more detailed comparisons directly comparing the two. PM me if you have specific questions about features. But there really is no substitute for comparing the two yourself.

OP
General RE LEE
I’ve got the 8s, love them.
What pair were you running before? I am following some discussions on a bird watching forum. Those bird watchers know their glass.

Some folks that have owned Conquest HDs mention the image quality doesnt make a huge jump. Its certainly there but Conquest line is good glass.

What pair were you running before? I am following some discussions on a bird watching forum. Those bird watchers know their glass.

Some folks that have owned Conquest HDs mention the image quality doesnt make a huge jump. Its certainly there but Conquest line is good glass.
I had Maven B2 9x45s before. Couldn’t she happier with the switch and haven’t once wished I got 10s instead. They’re spectacular off a tripod.

schmalzy

WKR
I had a pair that I sold for the RFs. My buddy had the ELs at the time and it was night and day. The ZEISS felt half the weight, I believe that’s because they balanced them differently, and optically they were superior to both of use. I’ve heard the NL are better, but for 800 dollars I’d rather have the SF. There’s a YouTube video that compares them.

I bought them from Ucsdryder and have been extremely happy. As stated above, the combination of balance and image quality are about perfect. I’ve had Geovids and SLCs previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recon493

FNG
I have the 10x32 not the 42 but I can attest to the quality of the product as being ever bit that as the 8x42 Pures that I had. The focuser on the SF is better too. I do not find that the 32's are too dark either, so you may be able to save some weight (and maybe money) by going smaller.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If there’s anyone out there looking to try the SF’s in 8x42, I have a set available. The glass is in excellent condition. They’re a gen 1 SF which is identical to the current SF except they have grey and black rubber armor and three click positions in the eyecups instead of four. They also made an adjustment to the focus wheel.

These are at least 98% as good as the current edition and would save you enough money to get a nice tripod versus a new set. Or rent them to compare against some NL Pure and take your pick. The rental cost of both can be applied to your purchase.

https://rentoutdoorgear.com/used_new_product/zeiss-8x42-victory-sf-binocular/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk