Zeiss vs Leica

wgood

FNG
Good morning all,
I posted this yesterday under the wrong thread. Anyway, I was curious if anyone has any experience with the Leica Geovid 15x56’s? I am currently looking at getting a pair of 15’s and am stuck between those and the Zeiss Conquest HD’s. I am currently leaning towards the Leica but am curious if anyone has used both and if the HD glass will make that much of a difference.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

wgood

FNG
Mostly a tripod with limited use hand held

Kentk

FNG
I mostly have experience with vortex binoculars so I can't recommend brands but if you want to use them on hand at all I would recommend considering 10 or 12x (which still work great on a tripod) as they are difficult enough to hold steady and then if you really need magnification use your spotting scope.

OP
W

wgood

FNG
I’m set on 15’s since I already have a pair of 12’s. Just looking for something I can pick apart some country as well as use for glassing canyons for horn hunting. I’ve used my buddies swaro 15’s and they are about perfect for what I use em for. Just curious about the differences in glass between the Zeiss and Leica

OP
W

wgood

FNG
Anyone have any experience with the geovid 15’s? Can’t seem to find any reviews

Jimss

WKR
I have the new 10x Leicas with internal rangefinder. Boy is it nice! My vote goes to 10x binos plus spotter for my style of spot and stalk hunting in open country.

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I feel your pain wgood. I’ve been looking for reports of first hand experience with Tract 12.5x50 binos: crickets. I wish you luck with some first hand info on the 15x Leicas!

OP
W

wgood

FNG
I feel your pain wgood. I’ve been looking for reports of first hand experience with Tract 12.5x50 binos: crickets. I wish you luck with some first hand info on the 15x Leicas!

Thank you! I wish you luck as well and if I hear anything about them I will let you know!

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
I have compared Zeiss, Leica, Swaro and Vortex 15’s. Sold my Swaros and bought the Leica’s Duovids which are 10x and 15x. Zeiss were good but I liked the other 2 more... owned the 12x Zeiss Conquest at the same time I had the Swaro 15’s.

OP
W

wgood

FNG
Sounds like you like em. Did you get a chance to compare them with the ziess and swaros? Interested in your thoughts on it.

I compared them with the Swaro EL and the Zeiss conquest. The Swaro’s were in 10 power I believe. Zeiss wasn’t nearly as good and the Swaro was better but they had the weird rolling ball effect on my eyes. Then I spent a week in Idaho bear hunting and we compared the Leica’s against my buddies Swaro SLC’s in 15 and they were about the exact same to both of our eyes, in fact he is going to sell his SLC’s to get a pair of the geovids since they are only slightly heavier but have an awesome rangefinder. The 15’s with the rangefinder are kind of a niche in the hunting market but I enjoy them a lot. Definitely for tripod use, but I find I can handhold them for short periods of time and if I sit down and get comfortable I can use them longer, although not nearly as steady without a tripod. Big fan