Zeiss vs votex vs Lica

Matt44

FNG
Trying to buy a new bino this year. Debating on what to get. Trying to stay under 1500$ what’s everyone’s opinion?

Mojave

WKR
Do you have a military or police affiliation? Send me a PM and I will send you some links.

If not

Call Cameraland NY or Euro Optics and tell them what you are wanting to do and how much you can spend.

Do not send them an email. They can often do better deals over the phone. Or Gohunt and talk to Cody.

Don't email, then they will give you the minimum advertised price.

OP
Matt44

Matt44

FNG
Do you have a military or police affiliation? Send me a PM and I will send you some links.

If not

Call Cameraland NY or Euro Optics and tell them what you are wanting to do and how much you can spend.

Do not send them an email. They can often do better deals over the phone. Or Gohunt and talk to Cody.

Don't email, then they will give you the minimum advertised price.

hunt1up

WKR
Of the 3 you mentioned it's Zeiss or Leica. You can find Swaros in that price range too depending on model and size. I wouldn't consider Vortex when spending that kind of money. They'll lose about half their value in a year or two and during that time you'll probably send them in for a warranty job.

OP
Matt44

Matt44

FNG
Of the 3 you mentioned it's Zeiss or Leica. You can find Swaros in that price range too depending on model and size. I wouldn't consider Vortex when spending that kind of money. They'll lose about half their value in a year or two and during that time you'll probably send them in for a warranty job.
Have you heard anything on the new maven b1.2?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

OP
Matt44

Matt44

FNG
I have the maven B.2 11x45, I love them. For the price I dont think that there is anything close, but they are not swaros. I have no complaints with them.
I was also looking at the b1.2 wonder how they stack up against the Zeiss. I’ve looked threw a set on Zeiss conquest hds and they were pretty awesome but was in a store with good lighting. Definitely like a wide fov and low light capability

I think you would be happy with the mavens, they are built in Lander, WY and customer service has been great. If you could find a good deal on SLCs that would be the only other things I would look at.

Mojave

WKR
There are German companies (Kahles, GPO, and a few others) that do the same bullshit.

Often all it takes is to put something simple on the product to call it American.

There are German companies (Kahles, GPO, and a few others) that do the same bullshit.

Often all it takes is to put something simple on the product to call it American.
I knew they are Japanese glass, but based out of Lander is what I meant. If I'm not mistaken GPO is built in Japan and "inspected" in Germany, and they claim "German Precision Optics" - Whole different level of shady if you ask me. I have been happy with the Mavens, especially compared to the price range of other Japanese glass. (Vortex Razor UHD especially) I know the GPO's are are in the ballpark price wise, just not a fan of their claim to fame.