Zeiss Warranty

tacotim

FNG
thats great to hear!! i have a pair of victory sf on backorder. i have never owned a single zeiss product before, new or used, so this will be a first

tacotim

FNG
For anybody looking at Zeiss. I dropped a pair of 10X42 Conquest about 10ft onto rock completely ruining them. Zeiss replaced them at no charge with a brand new set 2 days after receiving mine.

Pretty good customer service and they definitely store behind the 5 year no fault warranty
was the warranty a big factor in your purchase? there seem to be alot of good binos in that price range

OP
Buffalo0922

Buffalo0922

Lil-Rokslider
was the warranty a big factor in your purchase? there seem to be alot of good binos in that price range
Yes it was. I agree several good options in the $1000 range. I'm pretty tough on gear so this was a factor for me.

About ten years ago, sent in an unwarranteed pair of 40 year old 10x42B's that needed refurbishing and outer lens replacement. Zeiss did a complete cleaning and refurbishing and came up with new lenses, and had them back to me within a month - no questions asked and at no cost.

tacotim

FNG
Yes it was. I agree several good options in the $1000 range. I'm pretty tough on gear so this was a factor for me.
up until now, my model for trying optics has been buying higher end stuff that is used and basically counting on it not breaking while i have it. that way i can try for awhile and resell without a huge loss. i suppose alot of other people must do the same. i'm generally careful with my optics, and its worked out pretty well, but of course anyone can be unlucky at any time. i've warmed up to the idea of buying new though. just want something good to use and not worry about it. definitely looking forward to my backorder shipping out at the end of this month, hopefully no delays!