Zero Dark Thirty

7mag.

WKR
I wonder if it follows the chain of events outlined in "No Easy Day". Lots of speculation over what actually took place on that mission.

bnsafe

WKR
the book was pretty good. movie didnt really follow that chain. that was a small part of the movie. it was mainly about the woman who found him. mark bowden has a book out, cant remember the name, that follows the movie closer.

Shrek

WKR
I don't know how accurate it is and I don't care . I just like the end of any book , movie , play , ect. OBL dead !

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I read very few books for pleasure, but I read No Easy Day shortly after it came out. It was fascinating. I would recommend it.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read the book and just saw the movie. I thought both were good, the book better. As far as which is more true, if you were not there you don't know. Both if these works are based on true events that are watered down and brightened up at times. The people who know exactly what happened would never give all the details.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
And just for clarification, most military people involved in the hunt for bin Laden referred to him as UBL.

Usama bin Laden. I know he goes by Osama also, and I think his given name was Oussama ben Laden. But if talking to people, referencing OBL might get a quizzical look as opposed to UBL.

SDHNTR

WKR
I read the book and just saw the movie. I thought both were good, the book better. As far as which is more true, if you were not there you don't know. Both if these works are based on true events that are watered down and brightened up at times. The people who know exactly what happened would never give all the details.

Ditto! Read the book and saw the movie. Agree 100%. I enjoyed the book more.