Zero degree sleeping bag

JordanAdams

Lil-Rokslider
In the market for a zero degree bag for my November elk hunt this year. I've got my eye on the Hyke and Byke snowmass 0 degree 650FP down bag. Anyone have experience with this particular bag? Any suggestions to a better bag? One that i'm not gonna freeze my lady nuts off in come my hunt in November. I'll be camping in a kifaru sawtooth with the stove but plan on staying out from dawn to dusk and would like to have a comfortable/warm bag to crawl into and have supper every night, as we all would. Thanks in advance!

JRMiller

WKR
I almost bought the snomass but ended up buying from their supplier on alibaba.
They call it the Cadeno
It was $55 to my door. Its pretty good, but 0f is its extreme rating. Comfort is more like 25f.
Its great for $55, but there are much better (like my Mountain Hardwear) for $200.
This was almost year ago, i do my best now not to buy anything chinese anymore

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
Check out OutdoorVitals Summit series StormLoft 0 degree Bag. Pretty light, very warm, and a great design. The center zipper allows you to unzip it, and then use it as a quilt for more room if you get claustraphobic in a mummy bag. If you're anywhere close to 6 feet tall, 100 percent get the long wide. I'm 6 ft tall, and the regular size was crazy tight even though their website says up to 6 ft. Best of luck in your search. When it comes to sleeping bags, buy once and buy right.

Last edited:

GPool1842

WKR
I’ve got the kifaru 0 degree bag and I really like it but I haven’t been out when it’s super cold yet. have used in Sept in CO, thats about it.

Noco

FNG
I like Western Mountaineering.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Lando

WKR
If you're not backpacking, it's hard to beat a Wiggy's superlight for $140. If backpacking, look into a Marmot Lithium on sale.

You can pick up a highest quality, made in USA bag if you look around. I bought my Western Mountaineering Sequoia for $450. That's a true 5 degree bag with lots of room. WM have excellent full cover hoods with full bellows to keep wind out. Used WM mummies generally sell for around that price right now. 900 down is more compressible and less weight. Resale value is excellent. Made it USA. Budget is a limiting factor, but at the used prices right now, will you really miss that $150 over the next 20 years of using one of the finest bags on the market?

Last edited:

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
If your specifically looking for a 650 fill weight down, 0 degree bag, try the Marmot never summer. Warm, light weight, packs down small. Love mine.

If you're not worried about weight or size, look at a used military sleeping system. I've been warm in -20 degrees. Plus it comes with a bivy and you can remove one of the bags and use it in warmer temps.

kadechiz

FNG
I'm a strong supporter of the NEMO bags. ESPECIALLY if you are a side sleeper. They pack small and are warm. You can find their sub zero (-40F) bags on sell for nearly half price sometimes and I'm pretty sure they are heavily discounted on Expert Voice as well.

You can pick up a highest quality, made in USA bag if you look around. I bought my Western Mountaineering Sequoia for $450. That's a true 5 degree bag with lots of room. WM have excellent full cover hoods with full bellows to keep wind out. Used WM mummies generally sell for around that price right now. 900 down is more compressible and less weight. Resale value is excellent. Made it USA. Budget is a limiting factor, but at the used prices right now, will you really miss that $150 over the next 20 years of using one of the finest bags on the market?
Where can I get one for that price?

I got a Nemo sonic 0 on sale last year and it worked great in late October in Colorado. Western mountaineering is supposed to be one of the best but it costs.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Marmot Never Summer 0° that is 850fp I picked up for $199 in the spring a few years back and I really like it. Timing is everything though and trying to pick up a bag this time of year thats quality and on sale is difficult. If you have the opportunity to do some pre season prep start at the end of the season prior and you will be amazed the things you find on sale in the spring.