Zero Press and Coax Press

mk_v

WKR
Looking to see if I may get some feedback from anyone that has used the zero and the coax presses. I am looking at getting a new press that is specifically geared for precision long range reloading. From what I have seen/read, the zero offers a better reloading experience. However, I am more interested in seeing if anyone that has switched from the coax to the zero press has had better consistency and accuracy in the their reloads. I really only want to buy one more press and just trying to figure out whether I should just step up to the zero or not.

Thanks

I just sold my Forster COAX and I'm looking to pick up a AREA419 Zero press. After watching a ton of videos I think the Zero Press will be the last one I buy. I've been through a few trying to find the "one" for me.

OP
M

mk_v

WKR
I just sold my Forster COAX and I'm looking to pick up a AREA419 Zero press. After watching a ton of videos I think the Zero Press will be the last one I buy. I've been through a few trying to find the "one" for me.
Just out of curiosity, made you want to move away from the coax?

Just out of curiosity, made you want to move away from the coax?
Interest in the Zero Press realistically. The COAX is a fine press but I am always looking towards the next best. I didnt like the locking ring and had a few pins bent when the case didnt exactly line up. I believe SAC just came out with an adaptor for the press that doesnt allow as much slop. I never used the priming function on top of the press and switched back n forth from the s jaws to the shell holders. I’ve narrowed my calibers so I’m hoping that one or two heads will be enough for me on the Zero Press…. When I can find one

Did you ever get the 419 zero press? Have you used it and was it worth selling the CO-AX! I am really wanting the zero press as well. Thanks for any info.

Quant

FNG
Both will produce accurate and very consistent reloads. You won’t gain much if anything in precision. The Zero is more comfortable to use, and the turret is nice from a convenience and organization standpoint if you size brass in multiple steps or load for multiple calibers.

The universal shell holder jaws on the coax are a great idea since you don’t need to buy shell holders and they probably do improve the ability to self-center the brass. However, they are a little more finicky and I prefer the ability to use the multiple depth Redding competition shell-holders to fine tune the shoulder bumps. In the end, it really just comes down to personal preference.

Both will produce accurate and very consistent reloads. You won’t gain much if anything in precision. The Zero is more comfortable to use, and the turret is nice from a convenience and organization standpoint if you size brass in multiple steps or load for multiple calibers.

The universal shell holder jaws on the coax are a great idea since you don’t need to buy shell holders and they probably do improve the ability to self-center the brass. However, they are a little more finicky and I prefer the ability to use the multiple depth Redding competition shell-holders to fine tune the shoulder bumps. In the end, it really just comes down to personal preference.
Thanks!!! Really appreciate it!