Zero stop and parallax on SWFA?

Rus

FNG
Does anyone know if the guy who was making the zero stop shim set is still selling them? I’ve been looking but can’t seem to find them anywhere? On a side note why wouldn’t SWFA just make the scope with a zero stop? It seems like it would be super easy to do and I’m pretty sure everyone would pay a little extra for the scope of it had a zero stop?
My other question is how important is parallax? I’ve heard some say it’s super important but is that just at longer distances? How important is it at normal hunting ranges under 500 yards?
Thanks for any input

OldGrayJB

WKR
I bought a zero stop shim kit earlier this year. The guy was selling on ebay. $23 if I recall correctly. His name is Tim Kulin. I looked and they're currently sold out.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
Two of the flat orange hose washers from Ace will move the turret cap up about midway on the elevation turret and the cap will stop a cpl mills past your zero on a 20 moa rail. Two on the windage will move the cap to almost the end of the hash marks and get it out away from the side of the scope ring for easy viewing. Just did my 2nd scope yesterday. Use some Imperial die wax on the washer that contacts the turret and the turret o-ring.

TxxAgg

WKR
I used nylon washers. Take your turret cap to the store with you to make sure they fit. I used one thick one and one thin one. About $2