Ziess conquest 10x42 vs Maven B1 10x42

NYSKIER

WKR
Looking to purchase a new nice midrange price pair of binos. I've narrow it down to the ziess conquest 10x42 and the maven B1's. I'm looking for input from guys who have used these in the field. Any help would be great thanks.

WestNE

WKR
I've never had my hands on B1's but I've used conquests a fair amount. I will throw another option into the mix, the new monarch HG. I got mine in last week and I am impressed!

The clarity is similar to the conquest but the huge FOV is a noticeable improvement, the colors are more true/warmer, but the biggest advantage I see is the lightweight and very trim ergos.

All this said, the conquests are very nice binos!

Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ams

WKR
I think you'd be happier with the B2's in the 9x45. I had them side by side in fading light with my ht's and they held their own.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Just curious as to why you guys prefer the B2's over the B1's. I was looking for 10x42 with the primary use being glassing for elk, mulies, and pronghorn a couple weeks a year with the rest of the use being treestand hunting for whitetails

ams

WKR
You won't miss it. I can't tell between the 9x45 and 10x42 when I am looking at animals. B2's are a bit different design with different prisms. Same as the victory ht uses. They are very comparable and extremely bright binoculars. They will give you a bit of extra time as the sun goes down.

I have a pair of Conquest HD 10x42s and while they are pretty sharp optically, light, with great ergos, they seem to have a very shallow depth of field. Has anyone else noticed this?

I recently got Leica HD-B 2000 10x42s and comparing side by side with the Conquests it was very apparent that the Leica's had a much deeper sweet spot and needed less fine adjustment with the focus wheel.

I'd take a close look at Leica Trinovid HD at that price range as well. It is hard to find anything but glowing reviews of the B2 9x45s as well.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Thanks for all the input guys not sure I want to go with the B-2 I know they are only an around an inch longer but I'd prefer something smaller. I took a look at the Leica Trinovid HD great review but I want more eye relief

Schaaf

WKR
I used to own Maven B2's and the Maven Spotter and loved them. I do think the Conquest would be a better option than the B1. The B2 was better in my eyes but I understand they are definitely bigger.

ljalberta

WKR
Have you ruled out the Cabela's Euro/Meostar HD? It might be the best glass for $1000.00

excaliber

WKR
The shallow focus band is the only thing I don't like about my 10 x42 Conquest HD's At first they were a bit awkward but once you get them focused the view is incredible for a binocular in that price range. I'm really happy with mine.

I have a pair of Conquest HD 10x42s and while they are pretty sharp optically, light, with great ergos, they seem to have a very shallow depth of field. Has anyone else noticed this?

I recently got Leica HD-B 2000 10x42s and comparing side by side with the Conquests it was very apparent that the Leica's had a much deeper sweet spot and needed less fine adjustment with the focus wheel.

I'd take a close look at Leica Trinovid HD at that price range as well. It is hard to find anything but glowing reviews of the B2 9x45s as well.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Have you ruled out the Cabela's Euro/Meostar HD? It might be the best glass for $1000.00

I thought about the cabelas euro I just don't like their warranty.

I think I'm going to have to do some more thinking and maybe see if I can get my hands on some Maven B-2 to demo just to see what I think about that size. That's everyone for the input I really appreciate it

WRO

WKR
I thought about the cabelas euro I just don't like their warranty.

I think I'm going to have to do some more thinking and maybe see if I can get my hands on some Maven B-2 to demo just to see what I think about that size. That's everyone for the input I really appreciate it
meopta has a 30 year warranty and schott glass, both the zeiss and maven have komachura glass. Do you think maven will be around in 20 years to warranty your product?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
I don't think the comment about zeiss is correct. Even their terra line uses schott glass.
The only zeiss that uses German Schott glass is the victory line.

The terras are a piles of garbage made in s.e. Asia..

I wasn't impressed with the mavens at all. I thought my conquest were better and Styrkas were better for less money. Each eye is different so if you like them then they are good.