Ziess v6 5x30

I'm having a 300wsm being built now. I think I've decided on the ziess v6 5x30. Im looking for some feedback from guys that use this scope. If you have one would you buy again, any issues...?
Any info appreciated

ChrisAU

WKR
I had one and sold it because it had an extremely tight eye box. Could have been just my sample, but twice I nearly missed opportunities to shoot whitetail does with it on 5x because I had so much trouble getting behind it in less than perfect shooting rest scenarios.

If you are wanting the hash marks to be correct. It is at 25x I believe so instead of cranking it to max like most models you will have to look at the power setting.
Total deal breaker for me. But im holding for wind.
If you do not need the hash marks to be correct it doesn't matter.

I went with the 3-18 V6 and would recommend it.
18x is plenty to shoot to 1200

OP
Eltigreblanco
Thanks for the input. I've been trying to figure out what scope to get for awhile

Vaultman

WKR
I have the 3-18 on my 300wm, and it is plenty.
Not doubting what @ChrisAU mentioned, but I have not noticed the eye box being too small. It has been ok for my use, but I hardly ever roll it to 18 anyway.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
I have the 3-18 on my 300wm, and it is plenty.
Not doubting what @ChrisAU mentioned, but I have not noticed the eye box being too small. It has been ok for my use, but I hardly ever roll it to 18 anyway.

By design the 3-18 should definitely be more forgiving, but I haven't tried one.

A great scope but unless your a full on target guy get the 3x18. I just sold my V4 6-24. It was great at the range for shooting little groups and seeing your bullet holes too! But, as for hunting, it was just too much power. I ended up using it more in the 12-18 power range so I could spot impacts and get back on target faster. My new 3-18 is on its way.

Spence

FNG
I have the 3-18 and the 5-30.
Both are fantastic.
For hunting I like the 3-18 more.
I have not had a problem with the eye box.