Zip off baselayer

HH393

FNG
My wife just ordered me the Kuiu Peloton 118 for Father’s Day, I will let you know how they perform. It seems like a good option so you don’t have to remove your pants and boots when things heat up.

I also looked at first lite as they have some coming out soon according to their website, and the boot length seems like a good idea. The only reason I selected Kuiu was price as I had a promo code.

I have used Arcteryx expedition weight and they are the warmest but too much for anything but winter conditions. I also use icebreaker which are my main base layer right now as well and they work very well but it is a pain when the day starts to heat up and I have to get down to my undies on the mountain to layer down.

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve had the Kuiu 145 for several years. I use them a lot. Generally wear them when I am glassing, moving really slowly, or sleeping. They are getting thin in the crotch and inner thigh and the material is starting to wear. I’ll either get another set or try the FL ones. I think the mid-100 weight is just about right for their purpose. Any heavier and I’ll just bring my puffy pants.

jspradley

WKR
The Kuiu merino zip offs are nice but they are TIGHT. If you weigh more than female olympic gymnast them make sure you get the extra large!