Zip Up Leg Gaiters?

1Arrow

FNG
Hi There Leg Gaiters boot people! do you know of a pair that zips up the back instead of the velcro in the front? The only pair I have found so far is the artic shield ones. I really like the use of gaiters for midwest hunting whitetails.

Poser

WKR
I haven’t seen one with this design. That being said, you could get a zipper added to an existing pair of gaiters and just leave the Velcro alone.

Is it the sound of the Velcro that concerns you?

OP
1Arrow

1Arrow

FNG
I haven’t seen one with this design. That being said, you could get a zipper added to an existing pair of gaiters and just leave the Velcro alone.

Is it the sound of the Velcro that concerns you?
In short yes, Sometimes I take off my boots and gaiters when I get to the stand after walking through tons of mud to put my bibs or outer shell on. I figured I could get a zipper sewn on, but thought I could just buy a pair. The artic shield is pretty good, however, they need about an extra half-inch in the back to really work the zipper on cold mornings. They are pretty snug. I also have a pair of kryptek ones that have the velcro. Had them on during spring turkey, they did ok as the inside got moist. not sure if it was from the actual water or difference in temperature.

bruno59

WKR
outdoor vision sells some with a zipper but the zipper is on the side not the back pretty nice gaiters

OP
1Arrow

1Arrow

FNG
outdoor vision sells some with a zipper but the zipper is on the side not the back pretty nice gaiters
I will check them out. I should say looking for ones with a zipper. I do not think the side would be a problem.

madcalfe

WKR
they are velcro up the front. but i have 3 years of pretty hard sheep hunts and numerous outings for elk and moose each year and there finally just starting to slightly fray on the back. (mainly due to walking downhill in shale) the only thing i think id be worried about with a zippered gator would be the seam sealing coming apart after awhile and moisture getting through the zipper

OP
1Arrow

1Arrow

FNG
@madcalfe I have run velcro before and most of my hunts are in the whitetail woods in the heart of the midwest. I did run some Kryptek ones, full velcro, but they are loud and that sound goes a long way on a frosty morning if you have to deal with velcro. I am just looking for every option.

Ravenk

FNG
I haven’t seen any with this design. I know Outdoor vision sells some with a zipper but the zipper is not at the back but on the side.