Zippers

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy.

I am looking to do some alterations to my Kifaru pack. Wondering if anyone knows where I could purchase similar zippers that Kifaru uses?

Thanks in advance.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
You ask Kifaru?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Waiting to here back from them. They said they won’t sell me the zippers but waiting to here back about what kind of zippers and maybe where to find them.

Marble

WKR
Waiting to here back from them. They said they won’t sell me the zippers but waiting to here back about what kind of zippers and maybe where to find them.
That's good. At least they may help you out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I should have added a couple details. I believe they use YKK #8 and #10 zippers. Coil, not toothed. At least that's what my older Kifaru stuff has. YKK Seems to be an industry standard.

#10 is super heavy duty, suitable where a zipper will experience a lot of stress. #8 is still solid, but more suitable for pockets, unless you're really destructive.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I should have added a couple details. I believe they use YKK #8 and #10 zippers. Coil, not toothed. At least that's what my older Kifaru stuff has. YKK Seems to be an industry standard.

#10 is super heavy duty, suitable where a zipper will experience a lot of stress. #8 is still solid, but more suitable for pockets, unless you're really destructive.
Great. This is what I was looking for from Kifaru. Appreciate it.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru got back to me. #10 and #8 zipper tape and zipper sliders is what they currently use.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Yup. They seem to have the right zippers. Trying to find a place that is a bit better on shipping to Canada. Twice what the zippers are worth.

Still looking

AKSandman

FNG
Try quest outfitters in Florida. They charge actual shipping costs. If they won’t ship it, pm me. I have a bunch of the #8 uretek and sliders on hand.