Zoleo and inreach communicate?

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone know for sure if I can communicate via my inreach with a Zoleo device. I'd like to get it for my parents, but want to make sure before I purchase.

Vandy321

WKR
Following, as I have buddies with both. I know the inreach can go inreach to inreach via the garmin email assigned to you.

I haven't figured out how folks with a cell send a text to a zoleo...or of they can only reply if yoy send them one. If it's as easy as putting in a phone number or email under that contact to send to zoleo, then inReach should be able to send texts to it

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I just set up a zoleo and have only sent a couple test messages. Should be easy though. The zoleo has its own cell number that theoretically anyone i give it to could text. It also was assigned an email address.

Vandy321

WKR
How do you check you message usage on zoleo? Can't find it on the app or the website...meaning how do you see how many messages you've send/received...and how do you know what was on cell/wifi vs what is part if your charged messages?

Also, how do we check actual battery percentage and not just a amber light for low? I don't see it on the app either (using android if that matters)

Last edited:

Vandy321

WKR
How do you check you message usage on zoleo? Can't find it on the app or the website...meaning how do you see how many messages you've send/received...and how do you know what was on cell/wifi vs what is part if your charged messages?

Also, how do we check actual battery percentage and not just a amber light for low? I don't see it on the app either (using android if that matters)
Talked to Zoleo, if you want to be able to see an exact count of messages charged to your account, a running total, folks need to message them to push them to that. They currently give 50% remaining and 80% remaining notices only...seems like a way to squeak a few more bucks out of you each month by accidentally going over because they can't be bothered to provide you with an accurate count.

j33

WKR

Battery level shows up on my iPhone, just downloaded the app and set up my Zoleo today so newest update.