Zoleo help!!!!

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I got my 63 year old dad a zoleo. He’s coming along on an elk hunt I drew a tag for. He’ll be just camping and fishing. He’s never been out west and wanted to come. Anyway, he’s trying to figure this zoleo out. He sent me a message, kinda got it but was struggling. Then suddenly every 12 minutes I start getting check in emails. He says he can’t figure out how to shut the check in feature off. I went over and checked it out. I can’t figure it out either. Or how to change the contacts in your check in messages thing. Good lord it was frustrating. He said he called customer service and they acted like they had no clue what he was talking about. Any help???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
Sounds like he has the "location+" service activated and the interval set to 12 mins.

I didn't get Loc+ because I have unlimited for the hunting months and with Location+ there is no way to stop the auto check-in, that I can see, only to make the interval as long as 6 hours or so. I could be wrong on that.

I'd try to remove that feature the devices and plans section on the website after you've logged in. Should be a drop-down, if I recall to remove "location+" or to change the interval.

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. We did log in to the account on phone browser vs. the app. Didn’t see an option to cancel the location+. Didn’t see where to change the interval to 6 hours either. I didn’t have a ton of time to play with it. Do you know if every check in takes away from your message allotment? Currently we only have the $20 plan for only 25 messages. When we’re hunting/fishing we’re going to upgrade to the $35 and 250 messages. Just hate in the mean time to rack up charges if every check in ping takes from the 25 message we currently have set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
If it is sending on its own at an interval, it's gotta be the $20/monthly + the location+ for an extra $6 I think. There is an afterhours tech support # 888-602-1134

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
If you have your zoleo connected to your phone, and your phone has cell signal, it will use you cell to send messages.

If you want it to stop doing the auto checkin....shut it off, until ready for use.

To change the interval for location sharing. See the link https://support.zoleo.com/kb/articles/configuring-location-share-settings

To add or remove contacts. Add them online then refresh the app to pull them in.

I find it dumb that you have to give an email for the contacts. Im pretty sure its for selling your info and tracking accounts. My mom doesn't have one but to add her to location sharing I have to put one.

I saved money going with zoleo, but the implementation and coding thought processes are trash.

Fatcamp

WKR
Ya, takes a little using. There is definitely a setting on your phone to change that stuff. Just gotta dig around a bit.