Zoleo satellite communicator $149.99

Finch

WKR
Had a notification from camelcamelcamel.com that the Zoleo communicator has dropped in price from $200 to $150. This was amazon but noticed sportsmans warehouse and a couple other places have this price as well.

I assume this means a new model is being released. Does anyone have any insight as to upcoming changes or advancements?

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
Seen it on Camofire this morning. I’m in the market for this or an in reach might wait another month to see if something new is dropped before I buy one.

jmillr1

WKR
Its been on camo fire a few times already. I bought mine off gohunt. Its well worth the investment.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I assume this means a new model is being released. Does anyone have any insight as to upcoming changes or advancements?
This would be what I assume will be happening too. I don't have any inside knowledge, but do wonder if it is a sat phone that is next?

I saw it on Camofire this morning. Please help me out, what is it exactly? I have a Verizon MiFi that I use when traveling, but doesn't work at the hunting camp in Chromo Colorado. Would this Zoleo device work better, or is it the same and probably wouldn't work either??

This would be what I assume will be happening too. I don't have any inside knowledge, but do wonder if it is a sat phone that is next?

I saw it on Camofire this morning. Please help me out, what is it exactly? I have a Verizon MiFi that I use when traveling, but doesn't work at the hunting camp in Chromo Colorado. Would this Zoleo device work better, or is it the same and probably wouldn't work either??

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Zoleo is simply a device that uses an app on your phone and sends text messages. You pay one monthly fee and get X amount of text messages. It worked very well for my wife and I last year.

One thing to consider, if there's a new and improved version on the horizon, I guarantee you it'll have a new and improved price tag also. Likely $300+. The current one is great at $150.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Although I've been watching for this price to drop, I'm still hesitant to purchase. I really only need it for a couple weeks at the most this year. Then I would have no need for it. I read where I think you have to subscribe for a few months at least before you deactivate and then that is like $4 a month or so.

I hate buying something that i only can use a week or two every other year. I guess it's invaluable though if something were to happen.

jmillr1

WKR
To my knowledge Zoleo doesn't have anything coming up regarding a new release. They have been doing routine app updates as well. Highly recommend.