Zombie deer - crazy trail cam video!

Finch

WKR
I didn't see where anyone else posted this. Pretty remarkable to say the least!

EastMT

WKR
Man I saw that, terrible. Looks like a piece of farm machinery or something, that’s rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first viewed that video, I was stunned...
But then thought, how could that animal walk normally, with such an injury.

Someone else mentioned photoshopped, which makes most sense.

jspradley

WKR
When I first viewed that video, I was stunned...
But then thought, how could that animal walk normally, with such an injury.

Someone else mentioned photoshopped, which makes most sense.

I thought so too when i first saw it and it's certainly possible that its a fake but thats a LOT of effort to go through to get all the muscles and scapula to move properly like that.

If you have seen livestock wounded you would understand. It's no Photoshop. Prey animals don't give to pain the way predators do. Skin is missing, but that's all. I'd suspect it will heal over, likely bald. Even on horses I have seen nasty wounds with large sections of skin missing and they will heal.

Poser

WKR
If you have seen livestock wounded you would understand. It's no Photoshop. Prey animals don't give to pain the way predators do. Skin is missing, but that's all. I'd suspect it will heal over, likely bald. Even on horses I have seen nasty wounds with large sections of skin missing and they will heal.

Idk, man. I zoomed in and it sure looks like a significant section of muscle is missing in the “backstrap” area. That being said, I’m unsure an animal could walk missing any significant chunk of spinal erector muscle. I don’t think the spine would have enough stability nor be able to support the body weight, so perhaps it’s not as bad as it appears in terms of damage to the muscle. It’s hard to comprehend how a would like that wouldn’t lead to lethal infection inside of 2-3 days tops, but the animal is walking very well. At a minimum, there is some managed muscle in there.

ed33e552c1df3cf2135c5cd10e44fafb.jpg

MTtrout

WKR
That’s very disturbing and unfortunate you think it’s good to spread garbage like that on the internet. I hope someone new to hunting or curious about it doesn't watch it. Disrespectful

EastMT

WKR
I’d say the coyotes will get him soon, too much scent and probably not a lot of energy to escape. I would like to know what happened, it is harvest season a lot of places, that’s what I’m thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
That’s very disturbing and unfortunate you think it’s good to spread garbage like that on the internet. I hope someone new to hunting or curious about it doesn't watch it. Disrespectful
What's it have to do with hunting?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR

I’m not sure if it has anything to do with hunting. I can’t imagine a Scenario where an arrow or a bullet would produce that particular injury. Maybe if someone hit him with axe?

I’d wager that was a vehicle collision or, more likely, farm machinery.

I’ll disagree...
First of all, way more than just skin is missing.

Secondly, the deer is walking completely normal.

And lastly, in relation to the above...the scapula is shaped the way it is so there is a lot surface area for muscles to attach to.
With that injury, with muscle missing...there’s no way that animal wouldn’t show some kind limp, of which there is zero.

Imma still sayin photoshop.

AZ8

WKR
Seeing it’s scapula move in and out of the wound while walking is disturbing...hope the coyotes put him down quick.

Poser

WKR
I’ll disagree...
First of all, way more than just skin is missing.

Secondly, the deer is walking completely normal.

And lastly, in relation to the above...the scapula is shaped the way it is so there is a lot surface area for muscles to attach to.
With that injury, with muscle missing...there’s no way that animal wouldn’t show some kind limp, of which there is zero.

Imma still sayin photoshop.

It would take some advanced editing skills to edit video with the detail that this footeage contains. I was just about to send it to 2 friends who work professionally in film production and ask them to rule out it being editing, but then Decided that it probably wasn’t content they would want to watch on a casual basis.

It would take some advanced editing skills to edit video with the detail that this footeage contains. I was just about to send it to 2 friends who work professionally in film production and ask them to rule out it being editing, but then Decided that it probably wasn’t content they would want to watch on a casual basis.

I figure if we can put people on the moon, someone could photoshop that deer wound...but that’s just an opinion.