Zombie-like screen dwellers come back to life

blackdawg

WKR
Way to take bull by horns fellas,,,I have a 15 yr old son who has gone anti everything his Pa does,,,friggin video games suck. I will keep on keeping on taking the kids away from the electronics to the outdoors and hope they appreciate it when they are older. Like me or not! This upcoming generation of kids in this country are pathetic, from what I have seen amongst these wimpy male high schoolers, they have spent so much time on video games they don’t have enough communication skills to shag a skirt,,, really Sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Way to take bull by horns fellas,,,I have a 15 yr old son who has gone anti everything his Pa does,,,friggin video games suck. I will keep on keeping on taking the kids away from the electronics to the outdoors and hope they appreciate it when they are older. Like me or not! This upcoming generation of kids in this country are pathetic, from what I have seen amongst these wimpy male high schoolers, they have spent so much time on video games they don’t have enough communication skills to shag a skirt,,, really Sad!

Ya let’s not give up. They need us.

260madman

WKR
Take them out as often as possible because you never know what curveball life will toss at you. I’m currently done for most of the summer possibly longer. Work injury and broken bones makes me unable to do much but sit in my recliner. I feel bad for my wife because she’s doing everything on her own and my daughter and I can’t go shooting or camping which she is missing.

The best memories are in the outdoors not at Disney. We’ve done both and not going back to Disney.:cool:

EastMT

WKR
I have a nephew that is 19 and won’t hardly leave the house due to gaming, man it sucks. Bright kid, talented, but just wants to play all the time.

I don’t know if it’s even legal nowadays but I don’t have internet or cable at the house.

It’s a pain sometimes going to the library to do something on the laptop, but I figure if my boy doesn’t know he’s missing something it’ll be ok.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Scottyboy

WKR
We allow a few electronics for our kids, in small doses at certain times of the day (we keep the Sunday morning cartoons tradition alive that my wife and I enjoyed 30 years ago. Otherwise here is what we do....

Dukejb

FNG
I took my two camping over Memorial Day weekend. Some of my favorite memories growing up were camping with my family. I’m trying to make sure my kids have similar ones. We saw two moose, several hundred elk and a bunch of deer over the course of the weekend.
8FA0AE21-6063-439D-9327-C690468D46CF.jpegEB3D4AF5-B391-4EA0-B892-09DA5DCE7296.jpeg5F70ABE5-D394-4CA0-8F38-57536B328AA0.jpegD3914C82-680D-428C-8DC3-B205C9D5E87B.jpeg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
00f803a59e4fcb661cacb70643f353f5.jpg

ScottinPA

WKR
We use the Xbox app to control/limit screen time. Oldest is 19 and doesn't really care about the Xbox, youngest is 12 and can get hooked. He has 60min M-W-F and 120min S-Su. If weather is bad he can earn more time by lifting or treadmill or something physical. That said he's quick to join me outside to do stuff. No problem leaving the box to go wheeling or fishing.