zone A opener

MeatBuck

WKR
Boot tracks where my bucks “were”.
Had them pegged up til someone dicked up my hunt by walking through the area in the dark to get “way back in there away from the road where the bucks are”. And there are deer back there but a bit of preseason scouting would have saved him the long walk and unsuccessful opening day. I walked 200yds and setup on the travel route the bucks were using each time we were there scouting, where this guy walked 2miles in the dark to sit a water source that rarely sees buck activity in daylight hours.
Shitty part is when you did your homework and have a solid plan but some numbnuts who uses archery season to scout wanders through the best areas clueless to what he’s ruining for the guy who has his shit together.
The same as the loser who has no plan and goes to a spot just because he sees another truck parked there. The “Well this must be a good spot cuz that guys huntin there” mindset pisses me off. Makes me wish I’d gotten dropped off and picked up instead of leaving my rig parked where those types of guys could see it.

Oh well that’s public land for ya.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m helping my neighbor regrade their horse arena in A zone and I walked into these tracks this morning that messed up my perfectly graded sand lol.

43B758C4-4CED-459C-9162-CF6BF302C9CA.jpeg

MeatBuck

WKR
It’s funny how many times I see guys giving that exact advice here on the forums, “just get further away from the trailhead” “gotta get away from the roads and into the game” if guys are going in a mile or two go in three or four”
hey if it works for ya, stick with it but the old “smarter not harder“ really pays dividends when it’s 100 friggin degrees and your hunting blacktails in the poorest (game) managed state.

MeatBuck

WKR
I work at local cemetery and there’s a set of deer tracks that jumps the fence from my orchard into cemetery. We don’t have deer here very often, maybe once every yr or two. Being that we are out in the valley near i505. It’s the almond orchards that draw the deer out of the hills but most don’t make it this far out into the valley.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
We’ve seen way more A zone bucks this year too. In places where you normally don’t see deer but once every couple years or so. This blacktail came onto my neighbors property from public land and back to public to bed down two weeks ago.
537D65DA-BF57-4789-BAC9-EF8E1F963900.jpeg

MeatBuck

WKR
There’s bucks a mile or two from us that use the ag fields and return to the hills and creeks daily or nightly rather.
Couple years ago I Was stopped on the road with my family looking at a forkie out in a field and had a guy fly up like he was busting a poaching ring, got all sideways with me talking about private property no hunting blah blah blah. Tried taking my tag number down... it was like the first week of June and the guy was guarding this pisser like it was the holy goat. We were just on our way home from dinner and stopped to show my son the deer. Christ man.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My-lanta that’s a 200lber!
Whats your neighbor feeding em? Haha

He’s actually bigger than the crappy picture makes him look. Tall boy. He eats good on the public land preserve there. Lots of trees and vegetation. Not sure why the keep stumbling onto my buddies property. All he has is foxtails and wind mills 😂

If they can live long enough to survive the lions there are some trophy class blacktails in there.

JNDEER

WKR
Opening A zone- 107 degrees, ticks and rattlers everywhere... love it!

Meat- Atleast your vehicle didn’t get broken into by popping the passenger lock, ice chest with ice, old camo seat covers and two pair of prescription glasses stolen.... someone always has it worse than you- trust me (this wasn’t on the opener but June scout/pig hunt trip)

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Meat- Atleast your vehicle didn’t get broken into by popping the passenger lock, ice chest with ice, old camo seat covers and two pair of prescription glasses stolen.... someone always has it worse than you- trust me (this wasn’t on the opener but June scout/pig hunt trip)

Yeah somebody does always have it worse than you. You could be not hunting. I’ll take snakes and ticks and 107 any day over sitting and complaining and not hunting.

JNDEER

WKR
Yeah somebody does always have it worse than you. You could be not hunting. I’ll take snakes and ticks and 107 any day over sitting and complaining and not hunting.

I am not hunting...first missed opener in probably 15 years!

flytrue- stick with it bud...

MeatBuck

WKR

Same happened to me bud. Pm me where this happened. Bet it was same piece of shit. My ignition was pried on too. Lucky to have had a ride home. Same time frame.

Saw 10 good bucks with crazy heat on the opener and 14 bucks yesterday. Looks like its going to be a good year

OP
F

flytrue

FNG
I'm hunting the Mendocino coast, about 80 degrees tops. Sometimes I'm hunting i'm hunting in the fog. IMG_0937.JPGStill lots of ticks, but lots of deer too.

MeatBuck

WKR
Same happened to me bud. Pm me where this happened. Bet it was same piece of shit. My ignition was pried on too. Lucky to have had a ride home. Same time frame.
Confirmed same area same time. Lock up and don’t leave your gun case or anything worth a bag of dope in view if possible.

fish impaler

Lil-Rokslider
Got out in Southern CA, only 95 degrees in the shade. Saw a big bear that was huffing and jaw popping at us, he came back a couple minutes later doing the same thing, 6.5” + track . Only saw one deer, pretty tall Spike. I think the heat kept them in bed all day, Preceding days were a lot cooler. Killed 4 1/2 gallons of water between the gf and I in a day and 1/2.