zone A opener

JNDEER

WKR
Congrats to your bro!! Small body on that guy, bet he is young and care from a big antlered buck... that could be a good area for big bucks

Loco4dux

WKR
Congrats to your bro!! Small body on that guy, bet he is young and care from a big antlered buck... that could be a good area for big bucks

Thanks man, but ya definitely a young buck and great genetics in this area. Would’ve loved to see him in another year or two.

We put two bucks down Saturday morning. My friend on the left took his first buck ever. With only the one weekend to hunt I wasn’t going to pass up the small crab claw forky that stepped out after he shot. Pack out in the A zone heat was brutal, but we got it done. Off to D zone for the archery opener next weekend.
E668B44B-03B9-48C6-B71F-D32CE6DFD1B9.jpeg

Last edited:

JNDEER

WKR
Thanks man, but ya definitely a young buck and great genetics in this area. Would’ve loved to see him in another year or two.

dont see good genetics too often in A zone... you don’t by chance live in the north bay do you? Think I seen a license plate with your name?

JNDEER

WKR
We put two bucks down Saturday morning. My friend on the left took his first buck ever. With only the one weekend to hunt I wasn’t going to pass up the small crab claw forky that stepped out after he shot. Pack out in the A zone heat was brutal, but we got it done. Off to D zone for the archery opener next weekend.
View attachment 205280

great work guys. Gosh that country sure looks hot!!

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Flew down from WA to hunt A zone with my brother. Great opening morning. Food in the fridge ready to be packaged tomorrow! I had a sweet plan that worked as I dreamt it would. Couldn’t have asked for a better morning and my first hunt with my brother since we were kids!4E745BAD-A4F9-49CB-AB9C-A3549F4BE764.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Fun evening after not being able to go out last night or this morning.

3 does came in early about 5:30 pm. About 7:30 a bachelor group of 4 bucks came through a clearing feeding and rubbing. Two smaller bodied spikes and two heavy bodied forkys. The one was a real nice buck that most guys would have put down. Was hoping for a another buck or two to show up later, waited about an hour and let them feed into less than 150 yards from me before I bailed for night.

Looking promising for next time I head out. Got a good pattern on that bachelor group so we’ll see how things look as the season rolls on.

70E4503F-11C5-46E9-A424-CC11E5961F2C.jpeg