Zpacks Plexamid came in! 14.8oz tent

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
My Zpacks Plexamid finally came in after a long wait. Very excited to try this tent out. It will mainly be used for summer backpacking but I cant help taking it on my early season hunt. Seems very well made and strong especially for how light it is.

zpacks plexamid.jpg

2backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice, How long did you have to wait since your ordered it?...…. I ordered a Duplex on July 15 and I'm still waiting, hope mine makes it soon for a Sept. Colorado hunt.

OP
R

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
It took 5 1/2 weeks from the day I ordered. Worth the wait!

mtnkid85

WKR
Youll love it. Ive had the Solo+ flourless for several years, its stood up to plenty of weather.
One word of caution is you have to be VERY carful to avoid any abrasion! Don't let it rub or flap against rocks or stumps.

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I have a zpacks duplex and am pretty happy with it. The weight is amazing, due to the cost i'm pretty careful with it but havn't had any problems. When we camp on tight trees i do miss my freestanding tent.

With that said, practice, practice, practice setting it up. this is especially true for keeping the vestibules closures overlapping well. I put the setup video on my phone just in case i'm to tired to think when it's time to set up. I'm going to get some more of those vestibule connector thingies to close it better.

I bought the free standing kit but find it easier to setup with poles.

I'd like to hear how the the plexamid works for you, I might be investing in a one man.

OP
R

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
Update! I have been on 3 backpack hunts with this tent in Oregon and Idaho so far this year. First thing is this tent sets up very easy. It seems a lot easier than my friends duplex. In Oregon I got some rain and cold temps. Condensation was minimal and never bothered me. The one thing is that the vestibule is a little small for all my hunting gear but that's not what it was really intended for anyways. Some of my gear got wet in the rain around the edges, but for regular backpacking trips I think there is plenty of space for gear. The inside has plenty of livable space for one person but I'm not a very big guy. Overall I am super happy with the tent and will hopefully get to use it more here soon.

OP
R

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates on this tent?
Yeah for sure. So I’ve used for both hunting and backpacking trips. I think for the space to weight(they say it’s a 1.5person tent) there isn’t anything else out there that can really compete. It’s 14.8oz and it is actually pretty roomy for one person given the bathtub floor is pretty wide especially in the center portion. The Tipi-ish style stands up to weather well, better then the duplex(according to my buddy that had both). The only thing that was a small issue was the size of the vestibule when trying to fit hunting gear inside. I did an Oregon archery hunt and it rained pretty good and my pack, bow and boots tried to fit and they definitely got wet around the edge sides. But it’s hard to complain when my whole sleep system(tent, pad, sleeping bag) weighs less than most peoples UL tents. I did take it for a later season hunt, but for my November hunt, the weather was questionable so I took my Nemo kunai(very light 4season tent). But for most applications for one person, it will be hard to beat the plexamid.

I used this tent on a high country nevada hunt. We had high winds and snow. It did pretty well only thing is if your expecting weather I would bring a larger tent. The vestibule is small and I had to have my pack inside tent with me. I love the weight and super easy to setup.

Attachments

• 20181006_080213.jpg
    20181006_080213.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 61