Shooting form....

Beendare

WKR
So this is what I want my shot to look like.....getting there ....slowly.

This vid is John Demmer and Joe Paranee shooting at his house some of the Border stuff. Joe is a good shooter in his own right....but Demmer is the man. If you haven't heard of him he is one of the top stick bow shooters in the country. He outshot a bunch of the compound guys at Vegas with multiple perfect 300 rounds. He did recently get beat in the final of the Lancaster shootout [also on Youtube]

I think its worth watching him shoot....it starts right off with John shooting...about 5 min total.

[video=youtube;lZtW-TX-d3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtW-TX-d3g[/video]

I am also trying to get to that point. Trying to avoid target panic by holding steady and aiming for a few seconds before releasing. So far it's going good, but there will all ways be something I will have to work on.

LostArra

WKR
So this is what I want my shot to look like.....getting there ....slowly.

This vid is John Demmer and Joe Paranee shooting at his house some of the Border stuff. Joe is a good shooter in his own right....but Demmer is the man. If you haven't heard of him he is one of the top stick bow shooters in the country. He outshot a bunch of the compound guys at Vegas with multiple perfect 300 rounds. He did recently get beat in the final of the Lancaster shootout [also on Youtube]

I think its worth watching him shoot....it starts right off with John shooting...about 5 min total.

[video=youtube;lZtW-TX-d3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtW-TX-d3g[/video]

Demmer is definitely an arrow launching machine but for your hunting Beendare I would go with camo tape on your nose.

His nose protection has made me feel better about shooting with a tight neck gaiter (camo Buff) pulled up over my nose. Otherwise I get a bloody mark on my cheek. I can't tell if it's from string or tab but the mask solves it.

My hunting partner tried to get him to go along with us for Elk this year but he couldn't make the trip. I don't know him personally but I shoot with Joe at the Baltimore Shoot each year. A lot of good shooters out there and adopting some of their methods isn't necessarily a bad thing, Rod Jenkins started using the nose tape a few years ago as well to get better alignment. They sometimes run seminars at Lancaster I might get to one eventually.

bobinmi

WKR
He would be a good one to model yourself after. The push guys are supposed to be working on a barebow film with him and I believe Tom Clum is going to be releasing a coaching DVD/video series pretty soon.

Muttly

WKR
New fletching gets me..couple feather cuts, almost get a flinch..
Most of my bows are 50 lbs, have one 70 lb long bow that punishes bad form instantly. Especially in a tshirt...