Strapping recurve to backpack?

Muirsy

FNG
Usually I’m carrying my bow, but there are times where attaching it to my pack would be a lot easier and practical - ie. while biking in to a spot or hiking up more of a scramble where having 2 hands free is safer/practical with poles.

Anyone ever rig up some sort of strap or hook to attach their bow to their pack before? Would love to hear some ideas!

J

ScottinPA

WKR
I have plenty of straps on my Kifaru DT1. Another option would be under the lid crossways if there isn't any clearance issues. If you don't have straps, I imagine you could get some if you have tie off points or use the reusable gear ties (rubber coated wire I think) to lash it. I guess it all depends on your pack.

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
There are few pouch attachments that you can buy to strap onto the bottom of your pack. Stick your bottom limb in that and then strap the top limb/down against the body of the pack. If you're handy with a needle and thread, you could also sew up your own.

Darren

Beendare

WKR
I've got 2 velcro straps I made up to strap my bow to my pack.....rarely use it as my recurve is so light but do use it for my compound...works great holds it solid. When rigging you want to make sure your string isn't rubbing on something.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If I'm lashing mine to my pack then a quick shot is of no concern. I just break mine down and put it in the side pockets of my EXO, and strap the quiver on the outside under my compression straps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
Late to the party.....I use the Kifaru gun bearer to hold my recurve. Packed in several miles with it by my side. With trekking poles it can get kinda tight but I got use to it. I've tried strapping it to the pack but they're just too long and seem to hit on every branch in the woods. I was always afraid of string damage or tip damage when strapping a recurve onto the pack.