South finally built me a set of 56" longbow limbs for my Coyote!

According to South, shorter longbow limbs or shorter bows in general are not highly requested at Stalker. I can totally understand why that is the case, but for my hunting situations, shooting style and height, I just prefer short bows. I’ve been bothering South for awhile now and he finally had some time to experiment with 56” limbs for the Coyote riser. I just got them in and wanted to share some info in case there are others out who prefer shorter longbow limbs too.

8eY6H8a.jpg

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
The first thing that I did was I scaled the bow from 25” - 29”. Looks like it starts to stack at 29”

Vv2bQ2X.jpg

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
I have a set of 56" static limbs at the same weight . I shot both limbs through the chrono with only one difference. The longbow brace was at 6.75" and the static brace was at 7.75". The static was a whopping 1-2 fps faster.

68oZf67.jpg

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
Basically it just boils down to looks and preference. In terms of all around performance, feel and noise, the 56" static and longbow limbs are very similar.

mVoIZEM.jpg

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
Awesome Ryan!!!! I prefer shorter bows as well being that I’m around the same size as you with a 26” draw. Looks like a killer set up.
Thank you!
So far, I'm really digging this set up. Can't wait to take it hunting!

Beendare

WKR
Very cool report Ryan.

Interesting that the statics are not much faster. I bet the longbow limbs feel like more weight on your finger though, eh?

I'm going the other way with my setups....longer. 62',64" ILF is about perfect for my 30 1/4" draw.

This gives me the option of Fixed crawl....sometimes I use it sometimes I don't. If I was a straight target shooter I would go longer yet.

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
How do the statics do to 29? I would love to get something up for hunting in a blind.

With a 29" draw, maybe the 13" riser to build a 56" Coyote instead of the 15", but I would double check with South or one of the guys at Stalker.

Medic77

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking limbs. I'm a 56" fan also. It just works for me