Who makes long and stiff arrows?

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
32” draw here and semi-happy with my 34” 350 BE Vintage shafts. I am just wondering if any companies do long arrows in the sub-300 spines? I heard Gold Tip will do some custom shafts if you ask. Just looking for some options, would prefer carbon but okay with metal or wood. Thanks I’m advance.

wapitibob

WKR
GT has a centerless grinder in Utah, not sure about Black Eagle. GT would probably be my choice since they can grind and cut right there. Call and talk to Gillingham, his draw is over 33".

Black eagle sells 250s
There are even 150s in carbons. And I dont mean the carbon express 150 which is a 500 in reality.
I mean there are 150 deflection spine carbons.
But you’d have to have a 90# bow to get that right even at 32”

I don’t know what your shooting as far as draw weight and point weight, but a 250 is pretty stiff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PNWTO

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Black eagle sells 250s
There are even 150s in carbons. And I dont mean the carbon express 150 which is a 500 in reality.
I mean there are 150 deflection spine carbons.
But you’d have to have a 90# bow to get that right even at 32”

I don’t know what your shooting as far as draw weight and point weight, but a 250 is pretty stiff!

I’m not seeing which product BE sells for a 34”@.250? My bow is 52#@32”

I haven’t tried them yet but Day Six has some 32” shafts down to 250 spine. I will be trying them as my next arrow in place of my usual FMJ arrow of choice. Heard about them on Kifarucast podcast.

WJS23

WKR
BE’s trad arrows are 34 but the others are 32 if I’m remembering correctly

I'm in the same boat cant find other arrows in 34in. Long. But if you call black he can also custom make you what ever arrow you want.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 32" draw and use gold tip kinetic pierce in a 250 spine. 70lb draw with a full length (32" I think) arrow. Works pretty good for me.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
Draw length is measured near the edge of the riser (I think). With a drop away rest the length of the arrow can be slightly shorter than your draw length. Kinda sounds odd, but it works for me.

wytx

WKR
Try Ted Fry at Raptor Archery or one of the known wood shafting companies. They should occasionally come across wood shafting that would meet your specs at 32 ".

I feel your pain...I have a 32” draw as well, and it is a struggle to find arrows I can shoot with draw weights over 55lbs. As mentioned, the axis 260’s are workable for some combinations, but I ended up shooting off an elevated rest that I back up on the riser to give me another inch or so. With that set up, I can shoot canes, as well as the Day Six arrows, GT pierce, axis, and several others. You might not want to defile your bow with an elevated rest, but it can give you more options.