A couple of videos from my last hunt

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
I took off last Thursday and Friday for an extended weekend of bowhunting at my farm in south-central Missouri. I saw a bazillion deer and had a great time even though no new meat was added to my freezer. My dad fed me well and it was just great to be out in the woods again.

I hunted the same spot 4 mornings in a row and the least amount of deer I had come by was 2. It's on a ridge behind our barn near an old logging loading ground. There is a flat about 100 yards to the north that is filled with oaks that the deer and turkeys love to graze around. The deer bed up in the hollers on all sides of this flat so you never know what direction they might be coming from.

This first video took place Friday morning. It was raining lightly so it was hard to hear much. This buck slipped up on me before I was aware of his existence. I would have gladly taken a shot at him had a decent one presented itself. But things didn't work out the way I had hoped they would. It was still a cool experience.
[video=youtube_share;Q7LFKC73WEw]https://youtu.be/Q7LFKC73WEw[/video]

The next morning was prime; still and cool and deer were running all over the place. This little doe came off the flat after being chased by a young buck. She went to the scrape that the big buck had made the day before. I got the shot I wanted and just didn't hold low enough on her - the arrow went right over her back. I gotta remember to recalibrate the sight pins on my longbow!
[video=youtube_share;G5DJVSmXy2o]https://youtu.be/G5DJVSmXy2o[/video]

Darren

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Cool video

How high is your stand?
What is the purple thing to the right of the deer activity?

Sorry for the late reply! LostArra, my stand was about 20 feet high and that purple thing is a piece of "Post-It" purple tape. Our western property line is right there and in Missouri you can use a special color of purple to tell people not to trespass instead of putting up signs.

Darren

Medic77

Lil-Rokslider
Great videos. You were just "practicing" on that doe anyways. At least that's what I say