The onX Hunt review & question thread, by Rokstaff & Members

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Holy Smoly, they just sent me a new code for 30% off! This starts Thursday 12/20. They didn't specify an end date...

Use holiday18

at check out

Randle

WKR
I just upgraded phones. I have a Galaxy 10e now. After I zoom in , the map will zoom back out on it's own. Any help on this ?
Also added the weather app . Is there a way to minimize it out of the screen until I want it up?
Thanks

Last edited:

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I just upgraded phones. I have a Galaxy 10e now. After I zoom in , the map will zoom back out on it's own. Any help on this ?
Also added the weather app . Is there a way to minimize it out of the screen until I want it up?
Thanks

It sounds like you might be tapping the weather icon in the bottom right hand corner, when you tap that the map zooms out to show the closest weather station. As long as you aren't tapping that then the map will not zoom back out. As for the weather feature, you can hide that from the map, simply tap the icon until it the icon has a blue circle with a little wind symbol and F° then those icons will disappear from your map, then to reactivate that feature just tap the icon again and you'll be set. Let us know if you have any other questions!

wysongdog

WKR
Question for ya. What happens if you are going into a new area and don’t know where it has cell service and where it doesn’t? Here in Wyoming there’s a ton of country that doesn’t have cell service and you may not know it until you get there.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Question for ya. What happens if you are going into a new area and don’t know where it has cell service and where it doesn’t? Here in Wyoming there’s a ton of country that doesn’t have cell service and you may not know it until you get there.

Be sure and download the large scale maps for that area. You can’t count on cell service in the mountains. But if you have the map downloaded, you’ll be able to navigate and communicate with satellites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
I am having some problems with pins missing and and I lost my downloaded offline maps is there an update. there are a couple threads about others having problems. Hopefully ONX staff will see this an help out.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I am having some problems with pins missing and and I lost my downloaded offline maps is there an update. there are a couple threads about others having problems. Hopefully ONX staff will see this an help out.

Hello Randle, sorry to hear you're having issues. We release updates periodically (you may have automatic updates turned on so you do not notice them). Waypoints (Pins) aren't deleted from your account unless you go in and remove them manually. It is possible you unchecked them so they are not displaying, go into the 'My Content' menu, first swipe down so the refresh wheel comes up for a few seconds, then ensure there is a red box with a checkmark next to those waypoints (this "enables" those so they display on the map". As far as the offline maps go, if you delete the app and redownload it, that removes those offlines maps since they are saved directly to your device so that could be what happened as they are not removed automatically with updates. Give us a call at 406-540-1600 or shoot us a message if you need any other help.

Randle

WKR
Thanks for the reply. the waypoints were checked but pins didn't show. I would tap a waypoint , it would pan towards the waypoint then halfway it would and pan back to my current location. I logout and logged back in and things seem to be ok. Maybe it did an updared when I logged back in?

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. the waypoints were checked but pins didn't show. I would tap a waypoint , it would pan towards the waypoint then halfway it would and pan back to my current location. I logout and logged back in and things seem to be ok. Maybe it did an updared when I logged back in?

Logging out/back in gives the app a quick refresh as well which is all it needed. Don't log out when you are out of service as you do need service to log back in but if you swipe down in the My Content menu that refreshes the app and you'll see those waypoints again after that. The page below walks through how to do that refresh.

Refresh

TripleJ

WKR
This might be a stupid question, but is there any way to send waypoints via Bluetooth from my old garmin GPS to my phone that has the app? I know they could be sent from one Garmin GPS to another, didn't know if that technology transferred over or not.

wapitibob

WKR
Nope
You can import them directly by connecting the gps to the pc then use the import function on the web map and open the gpx files that reside in the handheld gps within the Garmin/gpx folder.

TripleJ

WKR
Nope
You can import them directly by connecting the gps to the pc then use the import function on the web map and open the gpx files that reside in the handheld gps within the Garmin/gpx folder.

Thanks, that sounds a whole lot easier then putting them all in by hand.