Spot has passed the Inreach

jherald

WKR
Spot will always be second string to the Garmin units. And the Iridium network is more reliable.

Dusty2426

WKR
Buddy, I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me. You can claim to be "joking" by impugning my motivations but since I don't know you I'm going to take that as an insult. When I am insulted I am going to defend myself. You can classify that as 'wearing my feelings on my sleeve' if that makes you feel better about yourself, but I think that says more about you than it does about me.

Nah I just found your trigger and wasn’t even looking for it

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Let’s not make assumptions. Plants are a pain in the ass for us. That’s not the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About dang time, they came out with a unit that you can really type on...SPOT SATELLITE MESSENGER :: HOME PAGE

Im sorry but all I see is Spot apparently spent all the R&D money they had so they borrowed a time machine and went back to the early 2,000's to steal a BLACKBERRY and adapt it to the system they use. Not only is a keyboard a waste of time, but its not doing anything that the in reach can not do. If you choose not to bring your phone, then yes, you get the option of typing. But who spends all there time typing on this thing..... your supposed to be HUNTING. 1 text to say "im safe" is more than enough, and even without my phone is pre-programmed so I dont have to type it.

Am I missing something? Does it also have aol ? or maybe myspace?

223dude

WKR
I think all the bad reviews are from people who have not spent much time with one. I've had my Spot-x for about 3 months now and use it regularly and it works great never had any kind of problem with it. I like the keypad on it versus the DeLorean in reach which I looked at buying and decided against it because you need a phone to Bluetooth to it so it's easier to type.

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Really doesn’t matter what the unit looks like or that it’s easily typed on. If they are still using the same set of Globalstar satellites, they don’t work as well as the InReach which uses the Iridium system. In fact there’s no comparison, I have both.

This x 100. (Coming from someone who used to do satcom for a living). I won’t use anything on an equatorial bird.