InReach Server Error?

cnelk

WKR
The other Inreach thread prompted me to do my sync on my PC and now Im getting this message

"Server Error
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send"

I un-installed the application and then re-installed - no avail.
I even reset my password

Finally ended up syncing the unit via my iphone / bluetooth and it worked.

Any ideas why it wont sync on the PC?

Maybe CPW outsourced it's computer/server management services to InReach?

(Sorry - couldn't resist....was just too easy! Hope it all clears up for you.)

Squirrels

WKR
I believe you should be using the Garmin Express application for syncing now. That is what I was told by Garmin last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
I have the older Delorme SE unit - will that matter?

To my understanding in order to update/sync your inreach you need to download the Garmin express application. I may be wrong but it’s worth a shot for you to try or give them a call. They have always been super helpful to me, great customer service.

gelton

WKR
To my understanding in order to update/sync your inreach you need to download the Garmin express application. I may be wrong but it’s worth a shot for you to try or give them a call. They have always been super helpful to me, great customer service.

Are you sure you dont mean Garmin Earthmate?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I can sync the InReach via my iPhone/Earthmate app.

What I can’t do is sync via the laptop
I used to be able to, but not anymore

Squirrels

WKR
I can sync the InReach via my iPhone/Earthmate app.

What I can’t do is sync via the laptop
I used to be able to, but not anymore

Do you have the inreach sync app downloaded on your computer? I think that’s a must for syncing via pc. I have a mini and to ensure software is up to date I have to use Garmin express. All other models use inreach sync application.

Squirrels

WKR
Are you sure you dont mean Garmin Earthmate?

To update software on my mini I have to use Garmin express. Syncing map data, messages, and contacts I still use the inreach sync app or Earthmate app on my phone. Sorry if I confused anyone.

gelton

WKR
To update software on my mini I have to use Garmin express. Syncing map data, messages, and contacts I still use the inreach sync app or Earthmate app on my phone. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Nope after looking it up it does appear that you are right.

OP - If you are signed into the dashboard online with the Inreach plugged in there should be a red tab on the right of the screen that says sync. When you press that button the sync program should run right through the browser.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
This isn’t new to me. I’ve had it for a couple of years.
Only recently I can’t sync via my laptop

Yes. I log in and get the dashboard and press sync and the above message is what I get.

muddydogs

WKR
The employee's at my work were getting this same message, we have the sync app icon on our desktops / laptops that gets downloaded the first time you click on the sync tag in the earthmate website. What Garmin told me and worked for over 30 people was un-instal the sync app from the computer and reinstalling it.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Issue resolved.

Apparently I had more than one InReach Sync app version in the PC Control Panel/Programs.
I deleted all of them and then re-installed once again. Done

It must have happened since I bought my Delorme before Garmin took over and changed everything