OnX Crashing After Update

OnX Maps recently released an update to their iOS hunt app. Starting the day of the update, my maps load incredibly slow and the app crashes after grinding to a halt a few minutes after opening.

Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjprohoroff

Lil-Rokslider
I’m having issues with less resolution on my cached maps and it seems to lock up a lot right now. Also on offline mode topo won’t show up and I have to close the app and reopen for it to show.

Hunting is conservation

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
OnX Maps recently released an update to their iOS hunt app. Starting the day of the update, my maps load incredibly slow and the app crashes after grinding to a halt a few minutes after opening.

Anyone else having this issue?

Could you please send me a private message?
We'd love to learn more regarding the issue that you are experiencing and want to gather as much information as possible so that we can walk through a few options to get you up and running.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’m having issues with less resolution on my cached maps and it seems to lock up a lot right now. Also on offline mode topo won’t show up and I have to close the app and reopen for it to show.

Hunting is conservation

Regarding the satellite imagery, we use Google Imagery at the closest zoom levels when you are connected to wifi or using data. Unfortunately, they do not allow their imagery to be saved for offline use. When you save a map for offline use, it transfers over to the next best imagery available through a different source which as many of you have seen is not as clear. We are continually looking at additional options to give you the best map information out there.

For the issue with the topo not showing up, first check to see if you have any updates available through the App store as there was a minor issue where if you had a failed offline map, then it would cause a problem with the basemap loading. Feel free to send us a message as well if you continue to have issues so we can walk through what the issue might be.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had this experience before. I stick with the chips now, they have never left me hanging like the app.

Sam01

FNG
I contacted them about this because it was slow, wasn’t showing details, and was constantly crashing.

I have every state and waypoints in at least 6 states.

This was their response. I did what they said and it worked for me.

Hello,
Please try these steps:
Remove all states and Layers you aren't currently using from the My Layers menu: Map Layers, Layer Library, and Layer Settings.
Turn off the new weather feature by tapping the button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Disable (not delete) any markups you aren't currently using: My Content
Log out and log back in to refresh your account.
a.Tap the three horizontal bars ​​ in the upper left corner of the main screen.

b. Tap "My Account."

c. Tap "Log Out" in the upper right corner.

To log back in, tap the "Login" button and enter your email address and minimum 8-character password.
The problem is caused by a memory issue on the device, so disabling as many functions as possible and refreshing your account should prevent it from crashing.

Thank you!
-onXmaps support