OnX - Trouble Shooting

D_Eightch

WKR
I can not get my Topo, Hybrid or Stallite maps to load. Just constantly shows a white map with the Landowner information.

Any Ideas?

slowelk

WKR
I was having issues a few weeks back, and I deleted and reinstalled the app which fixed things up. Only issue with that is you have to re-save your offline maps.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I've run into hiccups with this the last two years around my account renewal date. Last year they just had me log out and log back in and it fixed it. I did the same this year and had success with that. If anyone else runs into these issues, try that before you delete/reinstall.

mvmnts

WKR
I'm a "power user" on android, and I had trouble with their app multiple times, and despite thinking I had done it all to get it working, I went ahead with the steps they recommended when I contacted their support and they were able to get it working again. Their app isn't great, but support is pretty good. Contact them, you are a paying customer, use the support they offer.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
I can not get my Topo, Hybrid or Stallite maps to load. Just constantly shows a white map with the Landowner information.

Any Ideas?

I had this same issue after the update. After 3 days of back and forth and a visit to Verizon, OnX finally figured it out.

This is a copy/paste of the directions I was given, I tried this multiple times without getting any changes. The crucial step that was missing was to then logout and log back in after reinstalling. These directions are for Android.

"1. Clear the cache on your device.
a. Open your device's Settings Menu.

b. Scroll down to "Applications," "Apps," or "Application Manager."

c. Scroll through the list of installed apps until you locate the onX Hunt App.

d. Check the Permissions. If there is a Storage Permission, make sure it is enabled.

e. Tap "Storage."

f. Tap the button labelled "Clear Data."

2. Uninstall the App.

3. Restart your device.

4. Reinstall the App.

Uninstalling will delete any Off-Grid maps you currently have saved, so remember to save them again after reinstalling the App, if necessary."

Below this is not part of the above quoted directions.

5. If you are having the same issue I was you will still be logged into the app. Log out and then log back in using your username and password. This step should restore your base maps.

6. Re-download all of your offline maps.

rvanbw00

FNG
Are you having trouble on your phone's app, or on your PC? The reason I ask is that they did an update at work (firewall and security), and I now cannot get my maps to load on PC. All of the content and layers appear, but after going back and forth with OnX, they determined that it was something on my end...back to Google Earth :(

If anyone has had this issue on PC and is aware of a fix/workaround, Im all ears!

OP
D_Eightch

D_Eightch

WKR
Are you having trouble on your phone's app, or on your PC? The reason I ask is that they did an update at work (firewall and security), and I now cannot get my maps to load on PC. All of the content and layers appear, but after going back and forth with OnX, they determined that it was something on my end...back to Google Earth :(

If anyone has had this issue on PC and is aware of a fix/workaround, Im all ears!

IT is a firewall issues for me.